Talk

Advanced search

How to get yourself temporarily blocked?

(8 Posts)
MeNeedShoes Tue 23-Apr-13 17:06:44

I am being completely pathetic and spending all my time MNing when I have freelance work to do. I get sucked into MN can't help myself blush

How do I get myself temporarily blocked from site? And is there a way of getting blocked from main site but being able to reply to PMs?

Can't believe I am having to do this but I have just squandered an entire day reading that bloody cheeky people thread amongst others angry

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Apr-13 17:19:39

grin

We can block you short-term if you like, send us an email contactus @ mumsnet.com and explain and we will take a look.

We can't part block you though sadly, we're looking for an all or nothing sort of commitment here, we've been stung in the past and we feel that you need to either be fully committed or not - don't go breaking our hearts sad grin grin

Obvs, if you need a short break <channels Ross from Friends> then that's fine smile

MeNeedShoes Tue 23-Apr-13 17:26:51

grin

You'll be saving me from myself. Will email smile

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 23-Apr-13 23:11:40

<Passes Shoes the number of the Hot Girl from the Copy Place>

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Thu 25-Apr-13 21:12:45

You could try Focal Filter. Works for me smile

Problem is if you are procrastinating you will always find another distraction...

MeNeedShoes Thu 25-Apr-13 21:42:16

Oooh, what is focal filter?

<yes I'm still here> blush

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Thu 25-Apr-13 22:05:36

You download it onto your computer and then add a list of websites to it.

You then can choose how long you can block them for - from 5 minutes to 12 hours I think.

If you try to open Mumsnet you just get a connection error.

I think there are also similar products but this one works for me - and it's free.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Thu 25-Apr-13 22:06:35

Sorry, meant to say www.focalfilter.com

Let us know how it goes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now