Advanced search

EON competition

(9 Posts)
poorbuthappy Mon 22-Apr-13 18:35:01

Mumsnetter Name

Real name or nickname?
I've entered my real name...is that ok?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 24-Apr-13 11:55:49

Gosh, poorbuthappy - we're so sorry we haven't replied to this before now.

I'll find out the answer for you ASAP.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 24-Apr-13 12:22:20

OK. Have found out!

It's meant to be your MN name - but we agree the instructions weren't very clear. We've now edited them to make it clearer.

But don't worry about your entry: if you win, we'll find you! wink

NetworkGuy Wed 24-Apr-13 14:42:20

Not sure if you know, but the E.ON Rewards Advert clip (which I assume was meant to include the answer) is no longer available on YouTube (or via your page) and when I tried watching just now, I saw the E.ON-Careers and then Corporate Responsibility clips (and there are some 95+ other clips which would automatically play if one was daft or bored enough to let them).

I didn't spot a "closing date" which is also something useful, in case a person visits a page via some other route (eg if you had removed it from your competitions page, but a web search found the actual 'submit an entry' page directly).

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 24-Apr-13 18:00:24

Hi NetworkGuy. We're not sure why you're having a problem finding the video. We've just watched it on our page (via YouTube) and it played fine. We refreshed the page and watched again (just in case) and it's still fine.

When this comp closes, we'll remove the entry form and post a message saying 'sorry but the competition is now over'. We're going to start putting comp end dates in comp pages from May to make it even clearer.

poorbuthappy Wed 24-Apr-13 18:10:55

Network Guy, it's because you are not meant to win it. smile

NetworkGuy Wed 24-Apr-13 19:10:54

OK. Very strange it didn't play - the name and some image was shown, but then it skips to the careers video. I will have another try, perhaps on a different machine. But odd all the same since the other videos played OK and then YouTube said not found, when I tried looking there and clicked on the TV ad.

NetworkGuy Wed 24-Apr-13 19:12:41

No, maybe not pbh - but I'd never try the comp for 750 quids worth of (presumably ladies') shoes, so the rest of you have a slightly better chance of that one smile

poorbuthappy Wed 24-Apr-13 20:27:54

Balance of the universe is restored. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now