Talk

Advanced search

special needs forums

(11 Posts)
devientenigma Mon 22-Apr-13 15:31:55

Yes I have a had a long break from the special needs boards and I don't expect lots of people to welcome me back or comment on my posts. However I don't 'get' the difference between chat and children. Seems as if people don't know what to post and where, there seem to be a lot less people commenting on threads in general also. However hopefully I am wrong and people do feel differently to me. I now also can't see what the fuss was about having a special needs transition topic when chat and children seem similar. So is there any chance of having a special needs parents outcasts topic? grin

GoblinGranny Mon 22-Apr-13 15:44:10

I think chat disappears like the chat on the main boards after a certain period of time.
Where would you like your outcasts' spot? We can hang a cage over the walls surrounding the SN forum,so you can harangue or you can have a large, comfy naughty cushion, or a space under a table for you to lurk menacingly. grin
The possibilities are endless.
Or you can show up at the Goose and Carrot and I'll buy the first round.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Apr-13 15:46:40

Welcome back, devientenigma.

The SN Chat topic is there, by general request, so folks could have a topic that auto-deletes after 90 days - like the original Chat topic.

Anyone is free to post there, of course. It has nothing to do with how old your children are.

GoblinGranny Mon 22-Apr-13 16:35:31

Well that's good Helen, because I post all over the place. If you want me to keep out of a topic, you'll have to tell me straight.
'No Goblins, especially those with children over 18'

insanityscratching Mon 22-Apr-13 16:38:59

Ooh Goblin can I hijack this thread and point you to my post on primary education about year five transition reviews please? flowers

AmberLeaf Mon 22-Apr-13 16:44:38

Welcome back Devient smile flowers

Good idea about the SN chat auto deleting. I tend not to pay attention to where Im posting on SN boards tbh. But I will remember that in future if I need to post something but not permanently.

GoblinGranny Mon 22-Apr-13 17:33:49

Um, I've hidden primary education, it was damaging my karma. grin
PM me if you think I might be useful.

insanityscratching Mon 22-Apr-13 18:13:18

Thank you will do x

devientenigma Wed 24-Apr-13 10:08:34

Glad to see people got something from my post, even if it was defining the difference between the boards or some personal support, maybe highlighting transition is a topic that could be needed.

Thanks for the welcome back, however I won't be back as much as I was in the past. I still feel uncomfortable answering other peoples threads in case of mis interpretation etc and for that I do feel guilty.

I also cringe to post myself knowing what most of the people on the board think of me and knowing what that is, is so wrong and takes me as a person out of character.

What has happened, still hurts, however DS needs me to find the answers, I know I may not find those here anymore but by searching old threads etc I might. I still stand by what I feel happened, there's a voice in numbers and rightly or wrongly majority always wins.

Sorry if this sounds negative, thats not my intention, just justifying why I may not post etc

AmberLeaf Wed 24-Apr-13 10:35:39

I think I understand what you are saying devient.

Whatever has happened in the past, we all come here for info and support. I don't think of you in a bad way at all, I see you in the same way as I see many others here, just someone who is trying to do their best for their child.

I hope you are able to find what you need here.

brew biscuit smile

PolterGoose Wed 24-Apr-13 16:27:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now