Talk

Advanced search

Competition grumble

(3 Posts)
MsIngaFewmarbles Fri 19-Apr-13 12:25:02

Why are all the holidays only for families of 4?

Seems a bit odd for a parenting website to have competitions specifying a maximum number of children.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 19-Apr-13 15:08:13

Thanks for that, MsIngaFewMarbles. We'll certainly bear it very much in mind when we talk to our competition sponsors.

We're sure they feel they have to put on a limit on the number of children specified, purely to ensure they can have some rough idea of the cost to them and also that they can be sure to have enough availability to fulfill the prize conditions - some resorts only have limited accommodation for bigger families.

But we do take your point. And we will make every effort to wave the flag for larger families next time we're arranging holiday comps.

MsIngaFewmarbles Fri 19-Apr-13 17:11:36

Thanks Helen

It's a flipping nightmare finding a nice holiday with 4 DC within a reasonable budget so I was very excited when I saw the competitions for Mark Warner and even the ferry crossing sad

I appreciate that the decision rests with the companies and not MNHQ but maybe a little gentle nudge wouldn't hurt?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now