Talk

Advanced search

iPhone app problems

(8 Posts)
AmandinePoulain Tue 16-Apr-13 14:18:57

Hi
I'm having problems with the app...the Just Giving banner at the bottom has gone - instead it either says '404 - not found', is empty, or has part of the MN logo with 'login' written next to it. This is not a problem in itself but sometimes when I touch the screen to scroll Safari opens and tries to open a random Pinterest or Facebook page. It has pretty much made the app completely impossible to use. What's occurring?
Thanks.

AmandinePoulain Tue 16-Apr-13 14:22:15

Ok, I just tried to open the app and before I'd even touched the screen safari opened and tried to take me here static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter.php?version=21#, which just brings up some sort of warming message in Spanish! confused. Have you been hacked?

AmandinePoulain Tue 16-Apr-13 14:23:17

Warning not warming! blush

I'll shut up now...

Forgetfulmog Tue 16-Apr-13 14:28:18

Yep happened to me too. What's going on???????

AmandinePoulain Tue 16-Apr-13 14:30:25

I can't even open the app now, as soon as it opens Safari automatically does and takes me to the Spanish Fb thing confused sad

BoyMeetsWorld Tue 16-Apr-13 14:30:45

Happened to me too, even after uninstalling and re installing.

Sometimes diverts to pinterest sometimes to the weird Facebook message others have seen

What's going on? I hope our password details etc are safe?

StiffyByng Tue 16-Apr-13 14:33:44

Snap. Came via the Safari version to find out what's going on.

Tech (MNHQ) Tue 16-Apr-13 14:42:31

Hi, this should right itself now. You may need to kill the app and restart it. Sorry about that - it wasn't a hack or anything sinister - just that a server the app expected to be available went offline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now