Talk

Advanced search

Facebook

(4 Posts)
Sallyingforth Mon 15-Apr-13 11:42:34

Isn't it time the MN had a separate section for discussion of 'social media'?

The same old questions keep repeating in AIBU about 'should I post this?' and 'should my friend have posted that', with the same old answers. Often there are several similar threads running at the same time.

A dedicated section would hopefully have the answers all in the same place and allow the love FB /hate FB arguments to go on and on...

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 15-Apr-13 12:12:24

Hello.

We do actually have a Facebook topic already.

We'll think about putting it somewhere a bit more obvious.

Sallyingforth Mon 15-Apr-13 13:46:46

Gosh! I never knew that, so I expect many others don't. Perhaps you could make it more obvious.

Trills Mon 15-Apr-13 13:50:54

Most threads about social media are generally about relationships and communication between people - the medium through which the communication happened is not always relevant, and it's generally not the main point of the discussion.

If people are actually talking about whether someone is being unreasonable then I don't see why it shouldn't be in AIBU (and I am generally very anti "things being in AIBU that shouldn't be")

I agree that "is it right to post pictures of children on Facebook?" or similar really are about social media and the internet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now