Talk

Advanced search

Mobile app

(5 Posts)
poorbuthappy Wed 10-Apr-13 14:09:31

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for the iPhone app?
Still getting the same threads repeated over and over again however you scroll down the page. Also threads not appearing in date order?

Any hope? confused

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Apr-13 20:28:18

Hello

Sorry that this is still causing headaches!

On the thread duplication issue: we're sorry about this but it's because, in the time that's elapsed between the page loading the top 10 threads on Active and the second ten threads on Active, some will have slipped from the first category to the second - and so show up again. Unfortunately, it would take a huuuuuuge amount of work/coding to fix it. For now, if you click on the 'refresh' icon in the top right of the screen, it should show you the up-to-date top ten threads again; if you really hate seeing the duplicates, this might be the best way to use Active.

What's the glitch about threads not appearing in date order - is that on Active as well?

SizzleSazz Wed 10-Apr-13 20:30:16

I use the mobile site on my iPhone not the app. Never had any problems. Have you tried it?

Ploom Wed 10-Apr-13 20:39:26

I mostly use the mobile site too rather than the app (altho i'm on the app now to type this as I was logged out of the normal site).
Agree the duplication on active convos is beyond irritating but my main bug bear is the random characters (ie Jane#653'5's)that sometimes appear in people's posts which make the words and post unreadable. It only happens on the app and until thats fixed I'll stick to the mobile site.

poorbuthappy Wed 10-Apr-13 20:45:14

Fair enough about the duplication-although I don't think it was always this bad was it?

Out of order threads is not in active, it's in every other topic. I've just checked adult fiction in books, and child minders is child care and it was all about the place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now