Talk

Advanced search

Thanksgiving

(13 Posts)
MaryZcary Wed 31-Oct-12 20:18:33

Now that Hallowe'en is nearly over, could I put in a request on behalf of the many US mumsnetters for a Thanksgiving emoticon (like the Shamrock/St George's day/Olympic torch single use emoticons)

Also it would put off the introduction of the Christmas emoticons until December [snurk]

I suggest a turkey - still obviously, or if that is too difficult how about a simple American flag which could also double up for 4th of July.

Could it be added to Tech's (ever-expanding) list? Ta ever so.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 31-Oct-12 21:10:17

MaryZcary

Now that Hallowe'en is nearly over, could I put in a request on behalf of the many US mumsnetters for a Thanksgiving emoticon (like the Shamrock/St George's day/Olympic torch single use emoticons)

Also it would put off the introduction of the Christmas emoticons until December [snurk]

I suggest a turkey - still obviously, or if that is too difficult how about a simple American flag which could also double up for 4th of July.

Could it be added to Tech's (ever-expanding) list? Ta ever so.

Probably not.
But we can always ask.

MaryZcary Wed 31-Oct-12 21:13:49

It would be nice Olivia.

Not that anyone seems interested, but it would still be nice.

SuePurblybilt Wed 31-Oct-12 21:17:10

Oh you may as well. I'd make more use of a turkey than that fecking bear.

ScarahStratton Wed 31-Oct-12 21:18:40

I think a turkey would be lovely mostly because it was my idea, sorry Tech.

TessCowDirect Wed 31-Oct-12 21:20:53

Perhaps Tech could recycle an outdated emoticon so he doesn't have to start from scratch.

I mean, the olympic spliff flame isn't that far removed from a turkey leg.

SuePurblybilt Wed 31-Oct-12 21:22:46

YY. Or the Lympic Spliff could be a roast parsnip, ready for Christmas. YES I WENT THERE MARYZED.

ScarahStratton Wed 31-Oct-12 21:27:56

Nah, the Lympic Spliff is an Advent Candle. S'obvious, innit.

SuePurblybilt Wed 31-Oct-12 21:36:49

Oh, OK. Then we need a parsnip.

ScarahStratton Wed 31-Oct-12 21:44:21

But I hate parsnips. hmm

MaryZcary Wed 31-Oct-12 22:11:51

No, no parsnip <shudders> there will be a brussels sprout next [bleurgh]

spookinell Thu 01-Nov-12 08:01:02

Can i suggest an ARSE emoticon for those that put posts in AIBU when they know they should go in Relationships.....YOU Know who you are!

And as for you SuePurblybilt ...STEP AWAY FROM THEbearbearbeargrin

SuePurblybilt Thu 01-Nov-12 08:17:35

That bear's days are numbered.

OK, no parsnip. Either a gingerbread house, with icing roof and sprinkles (OK, Tech?) OR a turkey. Or a sprout. Or the Queen giving her 'Annus horribilis' speech. One of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now