Talk

Advanced search

Why am I having to log back in all the time?

(27 Posts)
ScarahStratton Sat 27-Oct-12 14:17:38

Desktop, laptop, and mobile. All keep logging me out.

It is getting on my nerves angry

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 27-Oct-12 14:44:42

Um, I dunno - we haven't had any site restarts today that I know about... This happening to anyone else?

Whooooosualsuspect Sat 27-Oct-12 14:46:29

The mobile site keeps logging me out.

Which is a pain because it's a tiny little log in thing on my BB. and my eyesights not what it was.

ScarahStratton Sat 27-Oct-12 17:01:51

Are you getting logged out on your pc/laptop at the same time usual? I'm finding if I'm being logged out of one, it's logging me out of all of them at the same time.

Which is a fucking pita.

FangsForBloodyNothing Sat 27-Oct-12 17:54:14

Yeah,me too Sarah on laptop.But I'm having problems with site being really slooow also.

ATourchOfInsanity Sat 27-Oct-12 17:56:53

No trouble here...just wondering if someone else could be using your laptop while you are on your phone?

StillIRiselikeAZombie Sat 27-Oct-12 17:58:19

Me too. On fancyphone.

Tis tres annoying. Specially as the login bit keeps remembering a name i used briefly months ago.

Whooooosualsuspect Sat 27-Oct-12 18:10:25

Not being logged out on PC, only on the mobile site.

BumpingFuglies Sat 27-Oct-12 18:23:01

Could this be to do with the system refresh? Have you checked the box that says "keep me logged in" ?

ScarahStratton Sat 27-Oct-12 20:49:27

Yes, I always check the 'keep me logged in' box. Nobody is using the laptop or desktop, I'm the only one in the house atm.

RikersWeeeiiirrrd Sun 28-Oct-12 07:44:52

I keep getting logged out too.
I keep finding out when TIO doesn't work, and the special OP colours aren't there

RikersWeeeiiirrrd Sun 28-Oct-12 15:00:46

This is really annoying me now, is there anything that can be done? Pleeeaaase?

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 28-Oct-12 18:26:06

Hi

Sorry about this...

Anyone who's having trouble, could you let us have as much info as you can about how you're using MN?

ie: web/mobile site/app (or all of 'em); web browser you're using, where applicable; OS on your mobile device, where applicable; how long this has been happening for; and how often it's happening.

Thanks.

MamaMary Sun 28-Oct-12 18:30:47

Yes I'm being constantly logged out too - I alternate between two mobile phones (DHs and mine) and our laptop. It does seem to have got worse recently - over the past two days I'm always having to log in.

DameMarghoulFountain Sun 28-Oct-12 18:39:26

i'm not being logged out, but sometimes changing page or getting onto a thread is taking an age and half

bigkidsdidit Sun 28-Oct-12 18:40:53

Me too on iOS 5, has been going on for ages now. It's really annoying

ZombiesFumbleandStumble Sun 28-Oct-12 19:33:22

Me too. Both on the App and web page.

And on the PCM and mobile device.

Seems worse since I changed into my Halloween clothes.

Whoooooooooo spooky!

ScarahStratton Sun 28-Oct-12 19:38:37

I am on iOS 6 on my phone, Google Chrome on both the laptop and the desktop. It is definitely worse the last couple of days, I've seen others posting about it, but until now I've not been affected. Now I am affected, and when I get logged out of one, I get logged out of all of them.

I estimate I've been logged out at least 4 times in the last 48 hours, that may not sound much but that's 4 times on each one. At least.

RikersWeeeiiirrrd Sun 28-Oct-12 21:10:40

Am on iPad and iPhone. Ipad is using full site, phone on the mobile site. Happens on both. Also seems to have coincided with the namechange....

<twilight zone music>

BloooCowWonders Sun 28-Oct-12 21:32:25

Me too. iPhone and laptop.
Fairly recent but a real pain.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 28-Oct-12 21:38:52

Huh

<am in no way tech-inclined but...> iOS seems to be a link here?

Is this happening to anyone who's NOT logged in on at least one iOS device?

ScarahStratton Sun 28-Oct-12 21:44:25

Logged me out twice since. sad

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Oct-12 12:00:34

Is this still happening today? Or is everyone nicely logged in now?

MrsHerculePoirot Mon 29-Oct-12 12:04:03

I had been having is problem towards the end of last week, seems fine today... Although my iPhone went through the wash and so am not using a iO6 device...

GruesomewhereInCanada Mon 29-Oct-12 12:08:40

This started yesterday for me. On brand new iPhone using Safari and the mobile site. Really annoying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now