Talk

Advanced search

Calling Cardiff Mumsnetters: want to be in a fancy hair-do video this Friday, 26 Oct?

(28 Posts)
ShadeMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Oct-12 16:43:56

We're looking for three Mumsnetters in the Cardiff area who'd like to be filmed having their hair done (not cut, just styled) to demonstrate how to do up-dos and other party styles for the festive season.

The date: Friday 26 Oct.
The time: 9am - 1pm (but you'll likely have an assigned time slot)
The place: Coray & Co salon, 126 City Road, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, CF24 3DQ  (well, at least it's not London!)

Your hair will be primped by British Champion Hairdresser Mark Coray, who has styled the tresses of Charlotte Church and Lesley Garrett, among others.

If you'd like to be considered, you need to post here by the end of Tuesday (23 Oct) and we need to know your hair length and type (long and curly, short and straight etc).

Shy and retiring types this isn't for you! The video will be on Mumsnet and YouTube and we expect a lot of people to watch it.

Unfortunately there are no childcare facilities at the salon so you will have to make childcare arrangements. We're also unable to cover travel expenses.

MikeLitorisBites Mon 22-Oct-12 21:46:14

I was well up got this until I remembered I have a job and children to look after grin

NoWuckingFurries Tue 23-Oct-12 11:38:32

I can't get childcare for Friday otherwise I'd be totally up for this sad

FancyPuffin Tue 23-Oct-12 11:45:08

I have a question.

ShadeMumsnet is Shade your actual name? Because I've never heard it before and I think it's very nice.

[kiss arse]

ShadeMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Oct-12 12:28:15

Thank you Fancy. Yes it's my actual name, pronounced Sade like the singer.

FancyPuffin Tue 23-Oct-12 12:44:20

It's very lovely smile

MsIngaFewmarbles Tue 23-Oct-12 15:31:33

Oooh if I could get a morning slot I'd loooove this. I am in Bristol but happy to head to Cardiff. Would that be ok?

MsIngaFewmarbles Tue 23-Oct-12 15:32:12

Oh, my hair is touching shoulder length and very very straight

ShadeMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Oct-12 16:04:23

Hi MsInga the end time has changed slightly which means all three hair models will probably be done by lunchtime. I'll PM you now.

poorbuthappy Tue 23-Oct-12 16:49:00

Any chance of a make up artist as well? grin

Fearisforsuckers Tue 23-Oct-12 17:58:07

Me! I'm in cardiff and have childcare Friday!
Have shoulder length straight brown hair

Fearisforsuckers Tue 23-Oct-12 18:04:12

Ooo I hope I get a slot, My hair is crying for some new styles!

TheReturnOfBridezilla Tue 23-Oct-12 18:07:04

I'm near Cardiff and off work on Friday but might be a bit shy grin

Fearisforsuckers Tue 23-Oct-12 18:24:01

Bridezilla I'm quite shy especially with meeting new people but this sounds like a fun experience grin

MikeLitorisBites Tue 23-Oct-12 18:32:37

envy at those getting this done. Its a lovely hair salon.

Stupid work getting in the way of all the fun.

TheReturnOfBridezilla Tue 23-Oct-12 19:02:15

I'm actually going to a party in Cardiff on Friday night and I'd imagine hos styling might be slightly better than mine. Oooh I don't know! grin

TheReturnOfBridezilla Tue 23-Oct-12 19:09:34

Screw it, why not! grin My hair is dark and shoulder length and very thick with a bit of a curl. I mostly straighten it though.

Fearisforsuckers Tue 23-Oct-12 19:33:21

C'mon Shade let us know, do we have a slot?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 23-Oct-12 19:44:03

Go on Bridezilla, go for it!

A night out is the perfect excuse!

I'd love to but unfortunately have school runs to do and a job to go to which are non negotiable at short notice.

PickledMoomin Tue 23-Oct-12 21:29:32

Sounds very exciting...

I have brown, thin (but lots of it), wavy hair. It's past my shoulders

hugandroll Tue 23-Oct-12 21:45:29

I so wish I could but no childcare and I'm sure my hair would be too short anyway as I can barely tie it in a ponytail.

NiffStipplesHauntsLaSenza Tue 23-Oct-12 21:46:12

Oohhh I would of loved to do this, I'm getting married next month and looking for ideas on how to do my hair and I'm only 30 mins from Cardiff by train but no babysitter and a little shy blush
Last time I did a video for YouTube and MN I made DP star in it grin

mosschops30 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:48:48

I would like to if I can have a time slot in the afternoon. I'm working but if I knew a time could swing it
I have blonde shoulder length straight hair, very fine, with a side swept fringe.

EMS23 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:51:22

Pick me!! I have childcare and am local..
I have slightly longer than shoulder length, brown hair that is naturally wavy/ frizzy but I wear it straight.

ShadeMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 24-Oct-12 09:04:49

Thank you for responding ladies. Fearisforsuckers, TheReturnOfBridezilla, PickledMoomin, mosschops30 and EMS23 I'll will PM you all now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now