Talk

Advanced search

So I was wondering... A sex topic

(28 Posts)
Geordieminx Sun 21-Oct-12 20:00:22

Just idely wondering today.. Why don't we have a sex topic?

We have all sorts of bizarre unusual topics.. For people who go on cruises or keep rodents, so why no sex? It comes up (pardon the pun) time and time again, sometimes it doesn't fit into relationships or chat..

Whilst I'm aware it might attract the odd perv school boy at half term surely the good would outweigh the bad? It really shouldn't be a "taboo" subject?

Just a thought

Inneedofbrandy Sun 21-Oct-12 20:01:13

This is actually a really good idea!

LordLurkin Sun 21-Oct-12 21:45:32

Sounds good in practice. But I think it would be a troll magnet unfortunately.

Geordieminx Sun 21-Oct-12 21:47:22

But at least they would be sex questions, not thinly veiled "relationship" type ones?

UltraBOF Sun 21-Oct-12 21:47:33

Yes, ShowOfHands has campaigned for this for years. But MNHQ have always said no, because of the trolls. I think they are probably right, sadly.

TheAngelsHaveTheOod Sun 21-Oct-12 21:51:30

They are scared it would be a troll magnet or that they wouldn't control us at a full moon

FringeEvent Sun 21-Oct-12 21:58:22

Maybe a title like 'physical relationships' rather than simply 'sex' would help avoid the trolls?

HappyHalloweenMotherFucker Sun 21-Oct-12 21:59:46

The trolls would find it

and the pervs

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Sun 21-Oct-12 22:01:38

Every topic on MN is a sex topic!

usualsuspect3 Sun 21-Oct-12 22:03:43

<buttons up cardigan>

Trills Sun 21-Oct-12 22:04:58

No. No more topics.

Thank you.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Sun 21-Oct-12 22:07:05

I would like a topic just for me. Topic heading would be SPsFanjo The Agony Aunt..

Valpollicella Sun 21-Oct-12 22:08:47

Troll magnet was the reason given from MNHQ last time this was mooted and discussed for about a kajillion posts

Geordieminx Mon 22-Oct-12 00:29:03

Can see the troll thing being reasonable although tbh it's such a massive part of people's lives it shouldn't be taboo.. It should be as nornal as cruises or style and beauty or recipes IMO

Apologies if it has been discussed before, been here 6 years and haven't seen a thread, so thought I would ask?

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Mon 22-Oct-12 00:30:00

So that's a no to a topic of my own then? grin

Shaky Mon 22-Oct-12 00:35:32

I'm sure you could find your own topic if you look hard enough, just claim it as yours grin

Hides from MNHQ, again

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Mon 22-Oct-12 00:37:25

I had one but I now rent it out to someone else. I'm technically a threadlord. Don't bow down just because you have heard that though. I am still the same as everyone else grin

I'd like my own topic title

Shaky Mon 22-Oct-12 00:40:52

Ooh I think I'm one of your tenants in the puddle, you can sublet in my topic (home decorating) next. The hide and seek / claim your own topic was FUN!

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Mon 22-Oct-12 00:45:45

I know, I was so proud of my little space. I hope you don't see me any different now you know I'm your ThreadLord grin

I think SPsFanjo The Agony Aunt Corner sis a great idea.

Shaky Mon 22-Oct-12 09:15:44

Mine would be Shaky Corner

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Oct-12 11:32:08

Shaky

I'm sure you could find your own topic if you look hard enough, just claim it as yours grin

Hides from MNHQ, again

shock

<assigns killer dogs to track down>

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Oct-12 11:34:30

Valpollicella

Troll magnet was the reason given from MNHQ last time this was mooted --and discussed for about a kajillion posts--

Yep. This is exactly right.

We have absolutely no problem with discussions about sex (unless they're pervy to the point of true obscenity) but we do think a Sex topic would be a troll magnet.

And we simply don't have enough gin to cope with that.

Shaky Mon 22-Oct-12 23:52:09

Oh shit!

<legs it>

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 23-Oct-12 23:15:27

Geordiminx I really hope that sex is more normal than cruises - DH has said we can go on a cruise when we retire and I can't wait that long to get laid grin

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 23-Oct-12 23:54:35

Maybe if we had a topic and it was all normal and not special like, then nobody would think it was anything out of the ordinary, and the trolls would get tired and bugger off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now