Talk

Advanced search

Bookmarks have gone...

(11 Posts)
MotherSouperior Mon 15-Oct-12 10:12:45

I've been using the mobile site and the desktop version and MN page bookmarks won't load on either (Mac or iPhone, for what it's worth).

I've seen the previous threads on this and have cleared my cache on both devices but my MN bookmarks still elude me.

Can anyone suggest what to do next, please? (Short of joining Netmums...)

Thank you.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 15-Oct-12 12:25:58

Oh no, don't do that! shock

It may be a Tech glitch our side. We'll take a look.

FatimaLovesBread Mon 15-Oct-12 20:47:00

My bookmarks aren't working on the desktop site on my iPhone either sad

FatimaLovesBread Mon 15-Oct-12 20:50:48

Also, don't know if its related, but I can't click on the mobile site button at the bottom of the desktop site.
I was going to go see if bookmarks would work on that smile

MotherSouperior Tue 16-Oct-12 15:42:39

Phew. I thought it was just me - or that my phone had developed an animus towards my lurking on AIBU.

My bookmarks are now working on my Mac but not on my iPhone (I haven't tried the mobile button, Fatima. Never thought of it, so I'm clearly streets behind you...)

Thank you, Helen MN, for looking in to it. (I'm not asking for myself, you understand but for my fellow commuters, who have to put up with me muttering furiously under my breath while I stab my finger frantically at my phone. They are the ones who are really suffering in all of this...)

FatimaLovesBread Tue 16-Oct-12 19:46:47

My bookmarks are also working on safari on my laptop but not my iphone

Mother - I only tried the mobile site button as I read about it on another thread so I can't claim the know-how on the one grin

Arithmeticulous Sat 20-Oct-12 14:23:30

Mine keep going on the mobile version - sometimes if I open a new window they come back- but not always.

AgentZigzag Sat 20-Oct-12 17:32:26

Glad it's not just my computer playing silly buggers.

You don't half miss them when they're gone sad

I'll never take them for granted again.

Arithmeticulous Sat 20-Oct-12 18:30:37

I keep reporting posts blush because it's in the same place.

AgentZigzag Sat 20-Oct-12 18:40:17

My preview button isn't working now.

I'm keeping my eye on the post message button grin

shock MN would never allow that to happen would they?? I'd have to interact with RL noooooo...

MotherSouperior Tue 23-Oct-12 12:54:15

I know, Agent, I know. (RL's kept me off here what feels like ages and has been, um, a matter of days. In MN terms, that's practically a lifetime, isn't it?) Please MN tech, don't ever 'upgrade' that post button.

My bookmarks resolutely refuse to return on my phone. I've narrowly avoided reporting posters, for exactly the same reason as Arithmeticulous, so am keeping off the mobile site for now. I don't want to cause no trouble sad

<has bright idea of attaching post-it note to phone screen instead>

Oh, hang on. That won't work, will it?

<crestfallen>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now