Talk

Advanced search

WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME????

(8 Posts)
IvorHughJackolantern Thu 11-Oct-12 20:10:22

For the past fortnight when I scroll down a page on MN, using the buttons over there - - - - > that say pg dn and stuff, two purple boxes saying 'Active' and 'I'm on' follow me down. And then hover over stuff. So I have to keep wiffling about with the - - - - > silver line thing at the side there, using my mouse to ponce up and down in order to read it properly, which is annoying because it's a touch responsive mouse on a lapop and I spilled superglue on it ages ago and now it doesn't work properly.

Why is this happening please? Can you make it stop?

McPhee Thu 11-Oct-12 20:15:29

It's supposed to happen.

HTH

IvorHughJackolantern Thu 11-Oct-12 20:30:11

Why is it supposed to happen? Two purple boxes floating about in the middle of the page obscuring everything? It never happened before and is stupid!

IvorHughJackolantern Thu 11-Oct-12 20:30:51

Also I can't click on them so they are just there, they're not links to anything!

IvorHughJackolantern Thu 11-Oct-12 20:35:08

Oh blush I can click on them

(Stupid mouse)

Is there a way I can get rid of them? Please...?

RustyBear Thu 11-Oct-12 20:40:21

Go to Customise, scroll down to other options and change 'Hide the viewport bar' to Yes.

IvorHughJackolantern Thu 11-Oct-12 20:42:41

Ahhhhhhhhh that's better, thank you Rusty thanks

How weird, I've never ticked 'yes' on that and haven't been into customise for yonks.

Praise be, hopefully I can now go back to never ever touching my filthy mouse.

OliviaLMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 12-Oct-12 23:05:28

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now