Talk

Advanced search

A really boring, banal request....

(10 Posts)
BasicallySFB Thu 11-Oct-12 19:52:41

Apols for how totally inane this is ... Could we have a 'bump and reset' option for 'threads I'm on' (on mobile site) same as I have on 'threads I'm watching'?

Will send vodka, gin and biscuits?

flyoverthegoldenhill Fri 12-Oct-12 07:46:22

bump

CarpeJugulum Fri 12-Oct-12 07:49:10

What does bump and reset actually do? <scared wimp emoticon>

BasicallySFB Fri 12-Oct-12 19:38:55

Makes everything look neat and tidy and saves trying to find where you were up to smile Really banal....!

ceeveebee Fri 12-Oct-12 19:45:11

Can't you bookmark a thread to show where you've read up to?

nextphase Fri 12-Oct-12 20:00:47

like the idea of being able to bump and reset on threads I'm on.

ceeveebee tell me more about this book marking. How do I do that? Not a thing I've seen, but sounds really useful.

ceeveebee Fri 12-Oct-12 20:26:51

I have a box next to every post that says "bookmark" and if I click that, the next time I open the thread it takes me to that post.

I think you have to choose to have it- in customise, these is a drop down box about bookmarks, you have to set it to "yes"

nextphase Fri 12-Oct-12 21:00:28

Thanks, ceeveebee.
Have done that now, but no change yet. Will keep trying as I like the sound of that possibility.

MaryZed Fri 12-Oct-12 21:09:38

Apparently, according to Tech a while ago, TIO and TIW are set up in completely different ways.

And it isn't possible to delete TIO threads in the same way as you can delete TIW. You just have the last so many.

And you can't keep very old TIO in the same way as you can keep very old TIWs sad.

I just might have had a confused and slightly heated discussion with Tech about this before blush. He couldn't understand why I might want to delete any TIO.

So the answer is no, apparently. But if he's changed his mind, I want this too. I want to keep my TIO organised nicely.

ceeveebee Fri 12-Oct-12 21:29:42

You can hide a thread from TIO though? Just open the thread and click the hide button

next it should show the bookmark button immediately. Did you save your changes in customise?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now