Talk

Advanced search

MN Local Events Listings - being hogged by courses rather than events.

(13 Posts)
SueDoughNim Fri 21-Oct-11 14:24:32

On a name change as work related, but I quite like this one. Might stick around with it for a while.

Anyway, I've listed a charity event on my local MN board. Usually events are listed in a little box on the right hand side of the screen (the one headed MN Local followed by name of town), listing all the NCT sales, craft fairs etc.

However, my event isn't visible because other users have listed paid-for courses which last several weeks, and these are being displayed as events. The board in my neighbouring town is even worse with one children's music activity listing themselves as an event lasting several months, and nobody else gets a chance to advertise their one-offs.

Can we please put this right MN. And give my charity event a chance!

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 21-Oct-11 17:25:38

Hi Sue,

They really shouldn't be in local under events.
What is you local site? PM me if you don't want to post it and we will take a look.

SueDoughNim Fri 21-Oct-11 18:26:56

Rebecca - PM on it's way.

SueDoughNim Fri 21-Oct-11 18:27:06

And thanks

SueDoughNim Mon 24-Oct-11 19:23:19

Little bump-ette. Just wondered if you'd managed to look at this?

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Oct-11 21:30:25

Hi Sue,

This is all done for you now, apologies that it took a little while.

Good luck with your event!

SueDoughNim Mon 24-Oct-11 23:40:21

Many thanks Rebecca. On MN mobile at the moment but will have a look tomorrow.

KatieMortician Mon 24-Oct-11 23:43:57

Glad you've raised this. I keep posting charity and interesting events that get lost. I also keep reporting and yet the same old guff appears and I've noticed it's stopped being removed by MNHQ.

One listing was an actual shop! A pop-up one but still, it was on for weeks!

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 25-Oct-11 14:49:55

Hi Kate,

It should still be removed if you are reporting it to us and your Tsarina should also be keeping an eye.

If you PM me and let me know which local you are referring to we will take a look.

SueDoughNim Tue 25-Oct-11 18:50:57

That's brilliant. Many thanks Rebecca. Any chance of sorting out my neighbouring town too. There's even one course event there that goes on until December 2013!

KatieMortician Tue 25-Oct-11 19:08:47

I'm in Richmond (not shy me!) and I will not say a bad word about our local Tsarina. She is very good at posting on threads in local and generally being a good sort. I honestly don't expect her to keep on top of all the listings - there's loads of them and more being added.

Can persistent offenders be banned and those with events that supposedly last years have some sort of auto-block? A 15 month first aid class is a bit much...

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 26-Oct-11 11:17:48

Hi Katie,

Thank you, we have tidied it up a little, hopefully a bit clearer now.

KatieMortician Wed 26-Oct-11 11:22:57

Thank you it looks much better - i can actually see events! There is a duplicate listing but I'll report in the usual way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now