Talk

Advanced search

Most Active

(45 Posts)
Maryz Sat 15-Oct-11 22:27:34

I was wondering whether it would be possible to leave the quiche threads out of "most active".

I quite like "most active" if I just have a few minutes to be opinionated post on here, as they tend to be interesting, fast moving threads, with lots of people getting involved. But on Friday and Saturday nights, in particular, they tend to be the quiche threads only.

I have no problem with quiches - they are all very nice, and I have participated occasionally, but I'm trying to avoid them as I can't keep up they are real time wasters. At one stage there were 5 "most active threads" including Nobdies, Drunks, Twilighters and the Freakout room (and one about a poo grin).

It kind of defeats the purpose of Most Active, though I accept there probably isn't anything you can do [grumpy].

Furball Sun 16-Oct-11 07:42:04

you can customise your mumsnet and choose only the titles you want to see in your 'active conversations'

if you click on 'customise' first title in blue under Mumsnet Talk

and at the bottom it says

'Ignore topics in Active Conversations' and select which topics you don't want to see smile

gushofbloodtothefloor Sun 16-Oct-11 07:43:50

I'd heard rumours that the quiches were being encouraged into OTBT?

PavlovtheWitchesCat Sun 16-Oct-11 07:44:43

oh, i shall do that too furball!

smackapacca Sun 16-Oct-11 07:44:53

I think this is why OTBT was invented. I think the Shineys went in there at one point.

I just click hide.

I don't think MNHQ would agree to sorting out quiches. Unless they make a quiche topic? grin

Magneto Sun 16-Oct-11 07:48:26

But ignoring whole topics means the op will miss out on all the non-quiche threads in that topic. The only way that would work would be to have a dedicated quiche topic.

Maryz Sun 16-Oct-11 08:03:27

Yes, I can't ignore whole topics shock. Just think what I might miss!

And hiding individual threads doesn't work, I don't think hmm. They don't appear in "Active" but I think they are still listed on the right in "Most Active".

Off to check.

<<realises that in fact she is being grumpy and awkward having had a couple of glasses of wine last night so mumsnet towers, feel free to ignore this thread>>

smackapacca Sun 16-Oct-11 08:09:05

Once hidden they definitely don't appear in anything. Even 'threads I'm on'

Maryz Sun 16-Oct-11 08:17:19

Aha, I think you may have solved it, I've hidden a few now, and I'll see if they appear again.

Of course with the fecking Nobdies grin I'll have to hide a thread a day, but I suppose I can manage that!

Mumsnet, ignore this. I was grumpy.

PinotScreechio Sun 16-Oct-11 10:04:45

Nope, once hidden they atill appear in Most Active. I think. Just not in Active. I don;t think Most Active is customisable at all.

The Wolefs are in OTBT so we don't annoy folks by appearing in Active or Most Active smile

PinotScreechio Sun 16-Oct-11 10:05:02

atill is how cool people spell still.

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Sun 16-Oct-11 10:06:11

YY. Considerate Wolefs. Kind Wolefs. Giving Wolefs.
<narrows eyes at haterz>

PinotScreechio Sun 16-Oct-11 10:10:47

<hides behind Sjue>

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Sun 16-Oct-11 10:31:37

Oh, I didn't mean Maryz. She is a wolef in any case, whether she likes it or not.

smackapacca Sun 16-Oct-11 12:29:55

I see what you mean about 'most active' - no not customisable (!) at all.

Maryz Sun 16-Oct-11 13:25:05

You see, I don't actually want to hide the wolefs and the nobdies and the drunkards, because I rather like them all - I just don't want to get sucked in as it plays havoc with my bedtimes and my kids hate me because they can't get on the computer.

I just want to be able to see interesting threads in most active. And I've discovered that hidden threads appear there whatever I do. Earlier it was full of pre and post natal baby chat threads shock even though I have those topics hidden.

Obviously it's just me who uses "most active". I like it (and threads of the day).

PinotScreechio Sun 16-Oct-11 13:27:07

Oh Maryz I use TIO then MA as my two main clicks on here.

usualsuspect Sun 16-Oct-11 13:28:00

The Drunk thread was never intended to be a quiche thread

usualsuspect Sun 16-Oct-11 13:31:15

and most weeks lots of different posters post on it

Maryz Sun 16-Oct-11 13:39:22

I have to say I find the drunk thread riveting grin. I just daren't join in because I might never get anything done in the evening.

Of course what I really want is my "most active" to be personalised for me. I would like Olivia to spend a bit of time reading fast-moving threads, picking out ones that she thinks would be interesting to me, and placing them nicely in my "Most Active".

Do you think she could manage that?

reelingintheyears Sun 16-Oct-11 13:40:07

Usual's drunk thread has always welcomed anyone and everyone..just look at all the previous titles and you will see wine and welcome.

RockStockAndASmokingCauldron Sun 16-Oct-11 13:40:46

I wouldn't say the drunk thread is a quiche thread either. There must be a good 100 or so posters minimum who dip in and out from week to week, or even month to month.

reelingintheyears Sun 16-Oct-11 13:40:57

It's a Friday night thread maryz.

That rhymes!

usualsuspect Sun 16-Oct-11 13:41:15

I would only have about 3 threads on my Active convos if Olivia did that grin

Maryz Sun 16-Oct-11 13:45:05

Please don't think I'm criticising the quiche/Friday night threads in any way. On and off over the years I've posted on most of them (apart from the baby-month-threads and the pregnancy ones) and I have always been made welcome. The drunk thread is very varied, and there are millions of Nobdies.

It's just that I don't want to get pulled into any one of them but sometimes in the evenings everyone else is on them I can't find any other moving threads to be opinionated inciteful and informative on grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now