Talk

Advanced search

Links to local things that are on doesn't seem to work

(10 Posts)
SexyDomesticatedDab Wed 28-Sep-11 15:14:52

Logged on and saw a link to an event in Cheltenham local group but when I click through it doesn't show the actual event.

Any ideas why?

Tech (MNHQ) Wed 28-Sep-11 15:48:24

Hi SDD, could you let us know where you saw the link exactly (if you can, copy the URL from your browser into this thread) and what the text of the link was. Thanks mucho.

SexyDomesticatedDab Thu 29-Sep-11 09:49:26

http://www.mumsnet.com/local/cheltenham/events/56009$retParam-food-and-farming-festival-?call=ForthcomingEvent

SexyDomesticatedDab Thu 29-Sep-11 09:50:34

Should have done that before!

Tech (MNHQ) Thu 29-Sep-11 20:33:03

Hi, It looks OK now on the page. The right URL is www.mumsnet.com/local/cheltenham/events/56009-food-and-farming-festival-

Do you remember where you saw the bad link? Was it on the Cheltenham local page iself or somewhere else? Ta. Sorry for all the questions

mrspnut Thu 29-Sep-11 20:36:58

I have noticed it too, it's the link in the sidebar on the RHS, where it appears under MN local and you try to click on the link nothing happens but if you actually go into MN local and click on it there then it's ok.

As I rarely ever look in MN local it is quite annoying - my one is a link to a theatre production that I thought my DD would quite enjoy and I ended up googling all the programmes for the theatres in my area for the details when I would have expected to just click on a working link.

Tech (MNHQ) Thu 29-Sep-11 23:36:37

Hi, this should be OK now. Thanks for letting us know about it.

SexyDomesticatedDab Fri 30-Sep-11 08:40:33

Thanks all OK now.

violetwellies Fri 30-Sep-11 08:42:32

There was one for York as well, baby massage I thin.

violetwellies Fri 30-Sep-11 08:43:18

'Think' sodding iphone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now