Talk

Advanced search

Can't use Iphone app, sorry if asked before!

(14 Posts)
Proudnscary Wed 21-Sep-11 13:43:43

I've dowloaded it from itunes and it's on my phone but when I click on it it says 'verifying connection' then just shuts down. What am I doing wrong?

Proudnscary Wed 21-Sep-11 13:44:13

I mean the Mumsnet iphone app obviously!

DamianTech (MNHQ) Wed 21-Sep-11 14:31:12

Hi Proudnscary,

That is a bit strange. I assume you're trying to connect over wifi? Can you get on mumsnet.com through Safari still?

Proudnscary Wed 21-Sep-11 15:45:13

Hi Damian techie person

Yes I can get on to it on safari (on phone). Have tried several times, just tried to download again but it obvs just says you've already installed it.

Really annoying. Shall I contact app store or something?

DamianTech (MNHQ) Wed 21-Sep-11 17:17:27

Do you know which version of iOS you are using (should tell you in iTunes)? If you delete the app (right click and choose delete in iTunes, then resync or do the wobbly icon thing to remove from phone) it should let you re-download it then, though I'm pretty sure it verifies it before installing so there shouldn't be any issues...

The other thing you can try is simply switching the phone off and on again - sometimes helps fix the strangest of problems!

silkenladder Tue 18-Oct-11 22:30:11

Hi, I have the same problem. I've downloaded the app over and over (deleting first each time), but always with the same result: it says "verifying connection" and then springs straight back to the iphone screen with all the app icons. I haven't tried syncing the phone since installing the app, though. Could that be the answer?

SouthGoingZax Tue 18-Oct-11 22:31:02

I have the exact same problem.
I thought it was just me.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 18-Oct-11 23:02:06

Oh how strange, has anyone else had this?
We will speak to Tech and see if anything can be done.

Dolcegusto Tue 18-Oct-11 23:19:41

I had this when I first downloaded the app, I updated everything to version 4 I think and it worked then

MrsWifty Tue 18-Oct-11 23:20:17

I had this problem, but when I upgraded to iPhone 4 software, it began to work again (just connect to a computer and it should automatically give you the option to upgrade).

Other apps where this was an issue had a little alert box pop up telling me the app was only compatible with iPhone 4 operating system.

MrsWifty Tue 18-Oct-11 23:21:12

Xpost Dolcegusto smile

SucksToBeMe Tue 18-Oct-11 23:23:12

I had this problem too. It's ok now though.

silkenladder Wed 19-Oct-11 14:25:28

Ah, that's probably it, then. I just checked on the phone and it's using Version 3.something. I assume that's the OS. I haven't synced it for aeons anyway.

ScreamingHeebieCJs Fri 21-Oct-11 10:23:00

Bumping to see if anyone can help me!

I got an iphone yesterday and have downloaded the MN app, but for some reason I can't log in. It says my username or password is wrong, but they are the same ones I use to log in here, so am totally confused.

Obviously I need to get this sorted as the MN app is the only reason I got an iphone in the first place apart from Star Wars light sabre apps etc for the DC but who cares about that, frankly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now