Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a topic telling us why threads have been deleted?

(30 Posts)
BecauseImWorthIt Mon 19-Sep-11 14:34:13

I reported a poster/thread yesterday, and assume that my suspicions were correct, as the thread appears to have been deleted.

But it would be good to know for definite what's happened/why it was deleted.

What do you reckon?

CaptainNancy Mon 19-Sep-11 14:41:22

Did you not get an email from HQ? I usually get something from HQ when I've reported a post... it's not always particularly enlightening though... grin

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 19-Sep-11 14:47:08

I did - but just said they were looking into it/thanks for reporting

TrillianAstra Mon 19-Sep-11 14:49:17

The Secret Service do not comment on procedure.

Is what you're going to get

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Sep-11 20:34:53

grin at Trillian

Tee2072 Mon 19-Sep-11 20:36:44

I just saw that in an episode today! West Wing is fab background 'music' for a big pre-move clear out!!

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 19-Sep-11 21:48:24

<stamps foot>

But I want to knoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

CaptainNancy Mon 19-Sep-11 23:07:18

So do I now, bah!

PelvicFloorsOfSteel Mon 19-Sep-11 23:11:30

It might stop some of the endless rehashing and speculation. Whenever an exciting thread gets deleted there then tend to be 4 or 5 threads discussing it which also get deleted and then a few 'whatever happened to the thread?' or 'whatever happened to the thread about the thread?' threads. Although you'd probably still get a few of these but at least they'd be swiftly answered with a 'look at the deleted threads topic'.

ParceQueJeLeVauxBien Tue 20-Sep-11 09:24:56

I agree.

So it is a good idea, isn't it?!

ParceQueJeLeVauxBien Tue 20-Sep-11 09:25:20

Sorry, it is BIWI here with my beret on. Not trying to do any sock puppetry, before MNHQ bans me!

Maryz Tue 20-Sep-11 11:13:48

Was it about a horrible ex BIWI? Because I got an email saying a thead had been deleted and thanks for reporting and I didn't report it shock. And then when I searched for it to see what all the fun fuss was about, it had gone [disappointed].

<<ponders conspiracy theories>>

GrimmaTheNome Tue 20-Sep-11 11:19:09

Alternative idea - the thread shouldn't be obliterated, but all posts replaced by one message from MNHQ saying its been deleted and why. It should probably disappear from the listings, only be accessible if you use 'I'm on' or 'I'm watching'

GrimmaTheNome Tue 20-Sep-11 11:20:41

Obviously, in either the OPs suggestion or mine, only MNHQ could post to the thread.

Maryz Tue 20-Sep-11 11:25:26

Yes Grimma, I've suggested that before, or seen it suggeseted hmm. Leave just the title (not the whole op) and mumsnet HQ's comment that they put up before deleting - I particularly liked Rowan's "frankly it had turned into a bit of a bunfight" (I thought that was inspired).

It could be left for 24 hours, or maybe 48 so anyone who was watching it could see that it was gone.

Either would do.

MrsDistinctlyMintyMonetarism Tue 20-Sep-11 11:42:36

So do other people get responses from MNHQ when they report stuff then?

I've reported 3 or 4 things in my time and never had a response to my reports. Humph.

(think I'll go and eat worms) sad

ParceQueJeLeVauxBien Tue 20-Sep-11 11:43:09

I can't remember now, Maryz. blush

I know I did report it but never heard about the outcome from MNHQ.

Maryz Tue 20-Sep-11 13:01:48

Oh, yes MDMM. They always send me a personal email, thanking me for my input and telling me what a wonderful forum member I am and how much I contribute to Mumsnet as a whole [preens]. They also always inform me of the outcome of deleted threads I just refuse to let you all know what it is.

I am special and important.

Honeydragon Tue 20-Sep-11 13:08:13

Noooooooooooooooooo! I couldn't handle the mortification blush. I had to report two of my own threads once due to cock ups I do not want to regularly see a blue box stating

Thread 349653 has been deleted. This was due to Honeydragon acknowledging she is a dopey twat. We concurred that Honeydragon is indeed a dopey twat and deleted it. You haven't missed anything as Honeydragon is rather dim and can be witnessed doing so across the boards.

MNHQ

Why? Why, would you do that me?

DreamsOfSteam Tue 20-Sep-11 13:22:07

did Rhubarb0's thread about the PM just get deleted? I just reading it and now cant find it

Honeydragon Tue 20-Sep-11 13:39:17

yup, helen posted and said it would be dealt with off board

DreamsOfSteam Tue 20-Sep-11 13:48:12

ah, I see. I hope they are banning the offending poster. I would be very upset to be sent a message like that. Hope Rhubarb0 is okay.

AbsDuWolef Tue 20-Sep-11 13:54:40

I like the idea of letting us know why so we can rubberneck to our heart's content

TrillianAstra Tue 20-Sep-11 19:15:49

grin at Honeydragon

Maryz Tue 20-Sep-11 19:56:21

A whole topic of threads like that would make great reading Honeydragon grin. Especially if we were all allowed to add comments to the thread about whether or not we also agreed you were a dopey twat.

It would be fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now