Talk

Advanced search

Deleting posts by mumsnet

(4 Posts)
minimu11 Sat 17-Sep-11 19:15:40

Can I ask the criteria for you deleting posts?

Several have been deleted that have been truthful and not offensive yet other posts have been left that have upset many people.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 17-Sep-11 19:24:50

Hello there,

We delete posts according to the criteria in our Talk Guidlines, and also according to whether they are reported or not (as it's just impossible for us to see every single post on the board). That said, if we delete more than a couple of posts in one thread then we do try to go through the whole thread to be consistent.

If there are particular posts that are troubling you, please report them (you can still report if they've been deleted) and we can let you know what our thinking was.

Thanks,
MNHQ

minimu11 Sat 17-Sep-11 19:41:43

Thanks Rowan for responding. I guess I am very surprised to see Shineys post deleted on the "Dog dying today thread yours may be next".

My posts were also deleted but again were just pointing out fact not being rude or breaking talk guidelines

Also it does seem if anything is mentioned about one poster the posts are deleted but she can say anything she like call people fuckers, insult people yet her posts remain - others commenting on this are deleted.

Really to be honest it doesn't matter as I guess the poster is just getting more attention by me asking. I guess it is my choice to accept this or move on

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 17-Sep-11 20:19:25

Hi minimu. That thread's been blasted now <technical term>, but the posts by that OP you mentioned were deleted along with the others when we had a good trawl through it today.

If we delete, it's generally because we do think it contained a personal attack or was inflaming an already bad-tempered situation. Obviously this is a matter of interpretation though, so we'll probably never achieve 100% agreement on whether deletion was justified or not.

So really the only answer is for you all to behave with perfect courtesy at all times grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now