Talk

Advanced search

Feminist section for those deemed to be unwelcome in the feminist section.

(480 Posts)
BobBanana Thu 15-Sep-11 17:42:10

Message withdrawn

NormanTebbit Thu 15-Sep-11 17:46:41

Why? Are you a little flower whose petals will fall off if someone is cross with you?

The feminist section is um... combative... but it's ridiculous to run to teacher and tell tales.

And they will come and find you know...

BobBanana Thu 15-Sep-11 17:48:32

Message withdrawn

YaMaYaMa Thu 15-Sep-11 17:48:41

Ignore him, he's desperate for attention.

belgo Thu 15-Sep-11 17:49:05

Yes great idea. And can we have an IABU topic where no one is ever allowed to disagree with the OP please (ie. the OP is never BU)? That will be very popular.

NormanTebbit Thu 15-Sep-11 17:51:26

Oh I'd like that sort of topic Belgo

Only MNHQ can stop you from posting anywhere.

Tee2072 Thu 15-Sep-11 17:54:41

Oh, can I have my own chat section? I love talking to myself!

AyeBelieveInTheHumanityOfMen Thu 15-Sep-11 18:02:18

Great idea.

MNHQ could call it Bob's Blub Bench.

meditrina Thu 15-Sep-11 18:02:23

Actually - I've been told bloody bluntly in there that I'm not welcome either.

I'm a perfectly normal MNetter (search my user name!) who has been told "you only come on here to cause trouble" (or words to that effect - on the confirmation bias thread). After that, it was oh so kindly pointed out to me how to write.

I didn't go back to such a nasty thread - I think the sensitive flowers are in the claque. The ganging up in there is astonishing to me. It doesn't seem to happen elsewhere in MN (eg similar "touching on all parts" of life fora such as In The News or Politics) - perhaps the anti-troll hunting policy is better implemented elsewhere.

It is very nasty - and provoked only by my asking a newbie question about the scale of a particular issue.

Fortunately, it seems to have gone away - though perhaps this post will reignite the bile - possibly because I also invited posters in there to actually search my username. Posters actually agree with me sometimes!

But the dynamics are dysfunctional and out of step with the rest of the site.

BobBanana Thu 15-Sep-11 18:04:49

Message withdrawn

TrillianAstra Thu 15-Sep-11 18:05:10

That's be a IANBU topic right belgo?

And the responses would be YYA (yes you are) grin

BobBanana Thu 15-Sep-11 18:07:16

Message withdrawn

southeastastra Thu 15-Sep-11 18:14:21

did you post on the wikipedia forum page bob?

AuntieMonica Thu 15-Sep-11 18:15:09

I've read a similar thread before, it was deleted as I recall.

no idea who reported it

the OP went along the lines of 'MN is not very nice to people who aren't parents, or mums. i want to come on here and be loved by you all, but since i'm not a parent or a woman when i shout very loudly about no one listens can i have special section please' wah wah wah'

i hope this one won't turn out to be the same [yawns]

garlicbutty Thu 15-Sep-11 18:20:06

Start your own threads in Feminism, Bob. Then ignore any replies you find unreasonable. I am quite amazed not to have been booted off a recent thread in there, but did hold my tongue a bit. My own threads tend not to run very long, but do go fairly unmolested. Try it.

TheCrackFox Thu 15-Sep-11 18:20:37

I am a big fan of yours Bob but you are starting to make yourself look a bit of a prat.

SybilBeddows Thu 15-Sep-11 18:22:03

If there was such a topic it would quickly fracture.
The people who are actually feminists but don't get on with the feminism topic would fall out with the people who think they are feminists but aren't really, and they would all fight with the people who definitely aren't feminists and hate feminists and just come on here to wind feminists up.

UsingMainlySpoons Thu 15-Sep-11 18:25:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BobBanana Thu 15-Sep-11 18:46:41

Message withdrawn

BobBanana Thu 15-Sep-11 18:52:52

Message withdrawn

TeiTetua Thu 15-Sep-11 18:56:20

O ye of little boldness. The people who make the most noise in the feminism forum don't own it. If they start in on you, stay polite and maintain a sense of humour and let them make idiots of themselves. The best revenge is to remain unperturbed. And remember, nobody knows your real name.

scottishmummy Thu 15-Sep-11 19:07:33

post when, where you wish but dont expect to be agreed with
do particiapte and dont be put off by squawks of troll,derailer.but no need for splinter topics

madwomanintheattic Thu 15-Sep-11 19:08:22

um, i think it's your deliberate derailing of other people's threads that are pissing off the fems, bob. you know what they say - 'can't take a joke? shouldn't have joined.' wink

start your own threads in the fem section. if you actually want to debate feminism, plenty of people will join you on them. if you just want to sit and squeal 'me, me, me', and lecture everyone on how jolly clever and informative you are, you'll probably get ignored. penis or not.

and fwiw 'i can assure you' does come across as particularly patronising. you might want to rethink your tone - it's sooooo difficult to interpret on tinterweb hmm and you do seem to be being 'misunderstood' a lot.

this isn't a case of 'little boldness' i'm afraid, this is a case of ffs do shut up. it isn't all about bob's computer expertise, it isn't all about bob's life. it isn't all about whether bob recognises a joke or not (although apparently it is).

if you had half a brain cell, you'd read and interpret, before barging in and hitting 'send'. having to read your inane irrelevant and selfish ramblings is starting to really irritate me. i've never blardy well cared for an 'ignore poster' button, but dear god, you're driving me to it.

this may well be a personal attack, tbh. but it's meant as a bit of a advice. you aren't going to win any fans by bleating. particularly when it's just irrelevant whining.

madwomanintheattic Thu 15-Sep-11 19:10:04

and i'm posting as someone who's been called an MRA on fem threads ffs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now