Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

"How Mothers Love" email address from Bookclub News - is it correct?

(44 Posts)
missorinoco Tue 13-Sep-11 19:03:11

I've emailed for a copy of the book, copy and pasting the email, but it comes back with delivery failure, bizarrely from 8999@littlebrown.co.uk rather than the postmaster.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Sep-11 19:17:51

Hi missorinoco

What email address are you trying? Is it Howmotherslove@littlebrown.co.uk?

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Sep-11 20:08:02

Hello, how frustrating - sorry sad

Unlike MNHQ staff <violins>, the publishers aren't around at the moment, but we'll find out what's happening tomorrow morning and give you an update.

If that email address is definitely not working, we'll start a thread for the giveaway with a new email address and cross-link from here.

Apologies again, but glad you wanted the book smile

missorinoco Tue 13-Sep-11 20:13:13

Hi. Yes, it is the Howmotherslove@littlebrown.co.uk address. No worries, it was mainly to let you know that it kept bouncing back.

A <violin> emoticum, now there's an idea!

prolificwillybreeder Tue 13-Sep-11 22:36:49

Ah hah! I have just sent you an email about this!
I want to read this book!
Is it best to check back here for info?

Thanks smile

*sorry email is a bit randomly ranty

rushofbloodtothefeet Tue 13-Sep-11 22:40:51

I didn't get a bounced back email (yet), if that helps any.

I didn't copy and paste it though - gmail lets you click on an email address in an email to pop up a new window to send

prolificwillybreeder Tue 13-Sep-11 22:42:11

I did that with yahoo too and it still bounced sad

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 14-Sep-11 11:35:09

Apologies for the dodgy email address in the book club newsletter yesterday - we've been in touch with the publishers this morning and it's working now. There's still books left so do try again if the email bounced back for you last night.

missorinoco Wed 14-Sep-11 12:34:43

Mine is still bouncing. I think I should take the hint!

prolificwillybreeder Wed 14-Sep-11 12:53:08

Mine is still bouncing too! sad

prolificwillybreeder Wed 14-Sep-11 12:53:49

Such a shame sad any ideas rachelmumsnet?

wompoopigeon Wed 14-Sep-11 13:01:39

I have tried from three different email account providers, and everytime I just get a bounceback!
What are people doing to get through I wonder- if there are "still books left" that implies that some books have gone, so someone must be getting through. Why not me? Is it because I am an unfit mother? <wails>

prolificwillybreeder Wed 14-Sep-11 13:24:18

Oh wom!

prolificwillybreeder Wed 14-Sep-11 13:25:11

Oh wom! I feel the same sad the first chance I get to read a blooming book and I can't even get to it sad

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 14-Sep-11 13:29:24

Am on the case - will be back to you v shortly. Don't worry prolific, we'll make sure you're sent a book if you've posted on this thread that you've tried.

HippyHippopotamus Wed 14-Sep-11 13:32:19

my bounce message went straight to spam so i only realised because i read this thread sad

chickflit Wed 14-Sep-11 13:40:14

Yes my message bounced back last night, but I've only just seen it. I'll try again.

rushofbloodtothefeet Wed 14-Sep-11 13:43:43

Dagnammit. After my smuggity smugness yesterday I've just looked in my Spam folder like Hippy suggested, and sure enough there's my bounced back message.

I'll try again, but hopefully posting on this thread will secure me a book <looks pleadingly at RachelMN>

Bobolbach Wed 14-Sep-11 13:47:13

My e-mail was bounced back too. I e-mailed mid morning today.

chickflit Wed 14-Sep-11 13:55:00

My second one has just bounced back again, so no luck for me.

InstructionsToTheDouble Wed 14-Sep-11 13:57:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Helbel78 Wed 14-Sep-11 14:00:44

I've posted elsewhere about this today too!! Really hope we still manage to get a book after all this hassle!!

UsingMainlySpoons Wed 14-Sep-11 14:26:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stopthebus Wed 14-Sep-11 14:31:18

Hi just noticed this thread, have been posting in Book of the Month too! I have tried from 3 different email accounts/providers and it bounces back each time. Might start to take it personally soon wink Maybe I'll be lucky and get a free book one day.

Slainte Wed 14-Sep-11 14:56:04

Ive posted in Book of the month too - still getting failure notices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now