Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

dear mn hq, please could something be done about the anti sn posts on mn

(411 Posts)
2shoes Sat 10-Sep-11 23:45:12

as I know you are aware(I have the emails) people from the sn community have left this week, due to the vile things that have been said to the/or about SN.
isn't it time that mn hq took some steps to eradicate this, as you do with trolls? surely disablist/anti sn/ personal attacks should be deleted and something done about the posters.
or do we just keep loosing well informed, SN educated people from mn.
(no I can't link to a thread as there has been too many)

4madboys Sat 10-Sep-11 23:54:15

i shall be emailing as well, NOT happy with what ihave seen recently, (tho its not a new thing at all) but glitters thread was beyong disgraceful angry the attacks on her and other posters from SN community are appalling and make me very disillusioned with mn.

2shoes Sun 11-Sep-11 00:02:44

4madboys she did complain to mn hq , but was told it wasn't someone trollinghmm

I'm sorry, I have no idea what this is all about. Can someone direct me to a relevent thread?

2shoes Sun 11-Sep-11 00:05:18

as I said, it hasn't been just one thread, yesterday it was 2.....

Pagwatch Sun 11-Sep-11 00:07:04

Tbh it is hard to spot the twatty posters being unplesant about sn in amongst the other, more generally twatty posters ATM

A bit grim really.

Ok. I haven't come across a thread that was talking about SN in any way, so I must have missed them.

noddyholder Sun 11-Sep-11 00:22:15

2shoes is it always the same people?

tethersend Sun 11-Sep-11 00:25:37

I agree. Making up things to get a rise from people is as close to trolling as you can get, surely? At least one poster seems to be doing this.

ChippingIn Sun 11-Sep-11 00:26:00

Is Glitters ok?

Who has left - not Fanjo?

This place is getting worse and worse for absolute twats spouting utterly nasty shite. It's not just aimed at SN, it's across a whole range of things - but we notice what hurts us most don't we sad

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 11-Sep-11 00:26:49

Who is doing this?

WoofToYouTooLady Sun 11-Sep-11 00:33:51

yes, like BIWI I want to know who

I try to challenge where I see it, but don't spot all or even some

I saw a 'professionally offended' comment recently and tried to get an explanation (in my experience a ref to professionally offended usually is a dig at those who object to anti SN language) but I didn't get any joy in drilling out the meaning/context and then I've been doing RL shock

NB no direct experience of DCs with SN but an interest in equality

madwomanintheattic Sun 11-Sep-11 00:53:07

i'm not sure what this is about either... but haven't been around sn over the last couple of days. can someone pm me if it's likely to be folk i 'know' pse...

WoofToYouTooLady Sun 11-Sep-11 00:54:42

NB I don't go on the SN boards, I am referring to the chat boards

madhattershouse Sun 11-Sep-11 01:01:41

Fanjoforthemamories left, a thread on flouncers corner. Seems there was some not so nice things going on. SN should be for help not bitches..shame!

madwomanintheattic Sun 11-Sep-11 01:07:43

thanks mhh. had a look. do you know who the other two were?

kerrymumbles Sun 11-Sep-11 01:09:30

who is doing this?

madwomanintheattic Sun 11-Sep-11 01:11:52

that's the thing, kerry. it's awful to know that a thread was so vitriolic against sn that it was pulled, but not to know who the culprits were... despite the fact that they apparently were not trolls.

great. so bullies 1, sn parents 0, then.

kerrymumbles Sun 11-Sep-11 01:24:27

i honestly don't understand how anyone can attack anyone with sn or their parents\guardians.

beyond me really.

madwomanintheattic Sun 11-Sep-11 01:35:11

quite. i don't think i really want to know what happened. except it's helpful to appreciate the staggering levels of ignorance and intolerance that permeate current society in order to beef up disability rights campaigns as a matter of necessity.

i'm hoping it was fanjo that asked for the thread to be deleted, rather than the vitriolic cowards.

hope fanjo is ok. sad

WoofToYouTooLady Sun 11-Sep-11 01:47:33

I have done a bit of digging and have found a thread with some SHOCKERS

no wonder fanjo was upset sad

2shoes Sun 11-Sep-11 07:57:55

Glitterknickaz has also left and another poster.
the treads are still there, mn hq haven't deleted either of the 2 recent ones.

mamalino Sun 11-Sep-11 08:05:33

2shoes I started a thread in SN about this. Some comments are truly disgusting. No wonder people are leaving.

NormanTebbit Sun 11-Sep-11 08:10:02

Do you want specific posters banned or the threads policed for anti sn language/sentiment?

There are often extreme views on the chat boards. I've seen open support for the BNP. Do you think a more productive way forward is to openly challenge these views?

Voidka Sun 11-Sep-11 08:24:21

So glad I missed the threads sad.

It is becoming more common on here. It used to be things like 'I dont believe in ASD/ADHD or whatever', but it is becoming more personal and nasty. I do think its because some posters think they can get away with it because they are never challenged by HQ or have their posts deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now