Talk

Advanced search

how about an infertility/treatment section?

(25 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 19:32:28

As a long standing user of the conception boards, I was thinking today that it might be an idea to have a separate board for those who are having difficulty conceiving. I for one, find it quite hard to answer certain threads and would quite like to be able to hide conception with the exception of a couple of long running threads. Probably not getting it across very well, but I think many mners would find it quite helpful, without clogging up the conception board with our tales of gloom.

justhe1 Thu 01-Sep-11 19:35:42

yes i agree lissie, i want to talk about infertility, but not on the conception bit.
I do feel reluctant to post as i am full of doom n gloom me.

justhe1 Thu 01-Sep-11 19:36:11

btw, big waves to lissie (im brokenoven)

OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 19:42:17

<Waves back> how are you doing lovely?

I just think that everytime there is a "oooo, its taking such a long time, am I pg?" Thread, it attracts us cynical types who depress everyone with our tales of woe, and tend to be a bit harsh. We have separate parts for pre-teens, teenagers etc after all.

justhe1 Thu 01-Sep-11 19:50:10

Another mc chalked up...im catching up to you girl!

I often feel uncomfortable opening up shats on conception, it should be full of hope and i fele like i drag it down becuase infertility is so depressing.

OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 19:55:13

Ach, shite. I'm so sorry. How utterly unfair.

You've hit the nail on the head. I often feel like I don't belong on conception now, and often sit on my hands to stop myself posting "fuck the fuck off, stop whinging about your 2 month "journey"" but they have every right to whinge. <Shrugs>

OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 19:55:15

Ach, shite. I'm so sorry. How utterly unfair.

You've hit the nail on the head. I often feel like I don't belong on conception now, and often sit on my hands to stop myself posting "fuck the fuck off, stop whinging about your 2 month "journey"" but they have every right to whinge. <Shrugs>

Northernlurkerr Thu 01-Sep-11 19:57:54

I agree. Conception (and pregnancy) have some really insensitive people posting sometimes! Posters who are having issues with conception should be able to post somewhere that they don't have to trip over the blissfuly ignorant rhapsodising over how they've tried for one month and BFP and thus will be delivering on Kate and Will's wedding anniversary and isn't that brilliant....

And I speak as someone who was fortunate to conceive and carry without problems.

OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 20:01:53

NL, extra r? <Waves>

Again, perfectly put. More power to them, etc, but it would be great to have a sort of, safe haven.

Gastonladybird Thu 01-Sep-11 20:02:07

Agree - I loved the hut of doom but seeing the fucking bus thread drove me insane

Northernlurkerr Thu 01-Sep-11 20:08:03

<<waves back>>

Extra r - while back a mumsnetter and I realised we had mutual friend. MF is now pg and had been to visit mumsnetter. Came back saying 'Oh X told me you're on mumsnet too (which is fine) and your name is N.......' (which is ok because I don't say anything here I wouldn't in RL but still annoyed me a bit) So I decided a little name changing would be good and have spent the summer in many, many guises before reverting back to this almost recognisable one.

OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 21:05:06

Gaston, I love the hut!

NL, that's a bit poo. Suppose it makes you less googlable though.

OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 21:05:08

Gaston, I love the hut!

NL, that's a bit poo. Suppose it makes you less googlable though.

fishie Thu 01-Sep-11 21:15:34

right with you lissie. have never posted much about ttc as the focus of conception boards ain't no friend of mine. i've posted on hut this week btw.

OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 21:24:33

Hi fishie, exactly. I've not been on mn much this week, or in the hut. Will pop in in a bit

OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 21:24:34

Hi fishie, exactly. I've not been on mn much this week, or in the hut. Will pop in in a bit

fishie Thu 01-Sep-11 21:27:19

lissie dude I love you always double post.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 01-Sep-11 21:29:49

Hi Lissielou
Thanks for the suggestion - I think it's a good 'un but we need to have a chinwag about it all in the office.
MN Towers

OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 22:32:04

Fishie, tis my twatphone! Next week I shall be internetted again!

Olivia, thank you.

LeninGrad Fri 02-Sep-11 23:40:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OracleInaCoracle Sat 03-Sep-11 09:25:43

Thank you lenin.

OracleInaCoracle Sun 04-Sep-11 14:00:15

Bump

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Sep-11 10:48:45

Morning.

And thanks for this suggestion - and your comments.

Ta da!

(Love the Hut of Doom idea but we think Infertility might be easier to find for newbies)

OracleInaCoracle Mon 05-Sep-11 11:06:12

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

OracleInaCoracle Mon 05-Sep-11 11:06:13

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now