Talk

Advanced search

Baby section

(8 Posts)
scaryfairy28 Sat 20-Aug-11 09:18:04

I know I've asked before but please can we have baby and toddlers sections in parenting we've got teens and pre teens so why not babies?

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 21-Aug-11 10:33:30

Hi scaryfairy

Thank you for the suggestion.

We do have many many topics for babies and toddlers but they have been broken down because they were so popular.

I would hazard a guess that we started out with a Babies topic but it had so many posts about the many scary questions having a small child raises that we broke it down into various different baby related topics.

You can see a full list here

hth

Best wishes
MNHQ

scaryfairy28 Mon 22-Aug-11 16:00:42

Ok guess I was just looking for a general area for all the stupid questions that don't seem to fit in a specific area as there isn't one called stupid questions for crazy 1st time mothers.

thisisyesterday Mon 22-Aug-11 16:05:39

i think that originally we just had "parenting" and then the parents of teens and pre-teens asked for a separate section because most of the people posting in parenting had babies and young children... so that's kind of the default place to post iyswim?

BertieBotts Mon 22-Aug-11 16:07:37

You can always put things in chat if you're worried it's a stupid question - the threads get deleted after 90 days smile (and you should get a quick reply as it's quite a busy board)

wigglesrock Mon 22-Aug-11 19:10:50

I agree with scaryfairy28 I think an under 2 for example section would be a good idea. I always think of parenting as something a bit different, maybe linked to behaviour etc. For example I am currently looking for a bit of advice re nappy rash, I know there's childrens health but I think a specific age band topic would be useful. The postnatal clubs are good for advice but obviously the amount of posters is quite limited.

scaryfairy28 Mon 22-Aug-11 20:09:00

Yeah I was thinking about the postnatal board but it's just too long to trail through.

thisisyesterday Mon 22-Aug-11 20:56:22

nappy rash would go in health

there is a behaviour/development topic

so parenting is just for the day-to-day parenting stuff

Personally I think we have WAY too many topics on here tbh. Why can't everything just go under parenting? you'd still have the search facility to find similar posts if you wanted to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now