Talk

Advanced search

Facebook user using a MNHQ persons photo?

(26 Posts)
stretch Wed 17-Aug-11 14:22:23

Hi, I am wondering if you are aware that there is a person on facebook, Justin Time hmm who has a photo of one of MNHQ. I think it's Carrie, but not sure, sorry!

I can link to the page if needed, but he/she is posting iffy stuff on the 'Mumsnet sucks' page.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Aug-11 15:01:19

Hi stretch

Thank you for flagging this to us, would you mind emailing contactus@ mumsnet.com with a link please so that we can take a look.

Many thanks

stretch Wed 17-Aug-11 17:40:51

Hi, I have done it through 'report' button.

AnyFucker Wed 17-Aug-11 20:02:15

bloody hell

TheOriginalFAB Wed 17-Aug-11 20:04:10

here

TheMonster Wed 17-Aug-11 20:05:02

there are some sad people about and whoever is behind Justin Time is certainly one of them.

AnyFucker Wed 17-Aug-11 20:08:54

this has happened before, if I remember rightly

DirtyMartini Wed 17-Aug-11 20:10:00

Wow. That is the first time I've actually visited the Mumsnet Sucks page.

Two minutes of my life I'll never get back.

southeastastra Wed 17-Aug-11 20:11:00

i just can't understand why he doesn't just come on here and have it out one and for all. seems like a bit of a waste of time to rant to himself.

he obviously has a major axe to grind in his head

TheMonster Wed 17-Aug-11 20:11:56

it's weird that someone could dislike a site enough to spend so much time thinking about it. Perhaps he needs something else to think about.

stretch Wed 17-Aug-11 20:16:11

I reported it to facebook as well as a false profile/account. (No way is his name Justin Time hmm) But i imagine they will do sweet FA.

southeastastra Wed 17-Aug-11 20:18:31

and to make little youtube videos about it.

KellyKettle Wed 17-Aug-11 20:24:49

Just read his blog. What a weirdo. He has a weird obsession with MN & the feminist board in particular doesn't he?

He's devoted an entire entry to criticising some MNers for not actually being mums.

The words get-a-life spring to mind.

AnyFucker Wed 17-Aug-11 21:19:24

get a life

get a girlfriend

this twit has never had either

southeastastra Wed 17-Aug-11 21:20:50

he has one big chip on his shoulder though, i wonder if he's lurking on this thread

Hassled Wed 17-Aug-11 21:23:10

Jaysus that Mumsnet Sucks page shock. It's like Sad Twats United. How did they find each other?

AnyFucker Wed 17-Aug-11 21:24:26

always, sea, always smile

he has a red buzzer above his wanksock-littered bed that goes off when someone mentions his name

except he can't post, 'cos he's banned

expect some commentary on the FB bollocks page though

southeastastra Wed 17-Aug-11 21:34:39

ha ooh i hope he'll name me grin

startAfire Sat 20-Aug-11 06:40:56

Message withdrawn

StayFrosty Sat 20-Aug-11 07:44:53

I've reported your post startafire to bring it to mnhq's attention because i would like to know those things too.

startAfire Sat 20-Aug-11 08:20:35

Message withdrawn

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 20-Aug-11 13:32:43

Hi all, thanks so much for flagging this - we really do appreciate it. We'll look into the legalities of this and, of course, we'd ask if you see any posts / members on the boards that concern you please do report them to us.

stretch Sat 20-Aug-11 15:10:24

I take it Carrie wasn't impressed to have her photo for the profile of that prick man?

I have reported many times the mumsnet sucks page, but nothing seems to happen. At first it was quite harmless and he just looked stupid, but now he's copying and pasting posters' posts.

He really needs to wank/get a blow up doll/get a girlfriend get a life.

startAfire Sat 20-Aug-11 16:23:29

Message withdrawn

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 20-Aug-11 16:31:38

Afaik anything on this site is copyright mnhq and the person who posted it. Technically, therefore he is infringing copyright (just like certain lazy journos do).

However, this is very difficult/expensive to do anything about. If a reputable organisation has done it a swift lawyers letter might bear fruit - but chasing a random individual is nigh on impossible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now