Talk

Advanced search

Where has the 18yo AS DD and the tattoo thread gone?

(15 Posts)
thesortinghat Mon 08-Aug-11 13:18:49

Have I hidden it by mistake or did the thread go poof? confused

Georgimama Mon 08-Aug-11 13:20:10

It went poof. I expect the OP reported and got it deleted as she didn't like what she was hearing.

JustFiveMinutesHAHAHA Mon 08-Aug-11 13:21:49

Since when could OP's just get threads deleted because they were being pathetic didn't like the answers?? Maybe it was a troll - I can't remember the OP's name - can you?

thesortinghat Mon 08-Aug-11 13:21:50

hmm kinda missing the point of aibu.

I only went to make the dc some dinner and when I got back it had gone. Lots of threads disappearing atm.

thesortinghat Mon 08-Aug-11 13:23:05

OP had a profile with pictures if that means anything, can't remember her name though.

Georgimama Mon 08-Aug-11 13:24:06

I agree with you but MNHQ do seem strangely content to delete threads, particularly in AIBU, where the OP is not getting the response they want. No one could claim the OP in that thread was being bullied because she wasn't.

SophieRMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Aug-11 17:30:05

That thread was reported not only by the OP but others who were concerned that the comments were unhelpful.

Georgimama Mon 08-Aug-11 17:44:12

pathetic.

JustFiveMinutesHAHAHA Mon 08-Aug-11 18:19:35

The comments were not unhelpful - just not to the OP's liking!!

Georgimama Mon 08-Aug-11 18:25:30

Exactly. There is too much of this going on at the mo.

Gissabreak Mon 08-Aug-11 18:34:18

Message withdrawn

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Aug-11 22:52:05

Gissabreak

*That thread was reported not only by the OP but others who were concerned that the comments were unhelpful.*

Not questioning your right to do that Sophie (as if grin) but I was following that thread quite closely and it struck me that most posters were being constructive and helpful, even if not totally agreeing with the OP, and mostly quite mild in tone.

I did pick up however that she was getting a little distressed, but even so, I recall her name from elsewhere so presumably she hets the general point of AIBU.

It raises the question in my mind...do you at HQ actually read the 'offending' threads or do you just agree to delete if asked to do so (your call, as I say...)

Yes, of course, we read threads that are reported to us, Gissabreak.

And no, we don't just agree to delete if we're asked to do so. We say no far, far more often than we say yes.

Gissabreak Tue 09-Aug-11 07:00:49

Message withdrawn

thesortinghat Tue 09-Aug-11 07:31:53

But why were the comments unhelpful? I was following the thread as I found it to be quite a constructive aibu and really mild. There are going to be no aibu's left if they can go that easily. confused

Gissabreak Tue 09-Aug-11 08:14:23

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now