Talk

Advanced search

Ugh. There are wiggling 'click on this and win an ipad'' ads on the right. WTF?

(8 Posts)
annieversaire Mon 08-Aug-11 08:30:34

This never used to happen on MN. I left for like, 6 to 8 weeks I think and I've come back to wiggly competition style ads. What went wrong?

Also I'm getting those 'you looked at this merchandise last week, here it is again, are you sure you don't want to buy it?' ones too.

It's making me want to leave again even more than AIBU and all the other stuff.
Please can we have an explanation/justification or else perhaps ypu could just scrap them, if they're not meant to be there...many many thanks.

<screams>
<does not click>
<does not win an ipad> (whatever an ipad is)

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Aug-11 09:56:41

Eek - this does not sound good. We will investigate and remove asap - can you give us some clues about where it's occurring?

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 08-Aug-11 09:58:13

It's horrible, it's on the right in the same place that the innocent ads pop up.

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 08-Aug-11 09:58:47

(sorry to crash thread, was just about to post the same thing)

smile

annieversaire Mon 08-Aug-11 10:03:47

Oh thank goodness, so sorry, I thought I must be being very luddite and everyone else was fine with it and I didn't want to be rude or anything.

It's the wiggling ones that are really bad. You know, the 'congratulations! you have been selected, click on this bastard grey box which is driving you insane by moveing about like it needs a wee, and you will win absolutely nothing like everyone else who clicks on it'

They are as said on the right where the gransnet thing etc are. Can't remember where I saw it though, I only saw it once this morning. think it was in aibu?

DottyDot Mon 08-Aug-11 10:07:42

yep - getting it too - on the right hand side where the pom bear thingy is

DamianTech (MNHQ) Mon 08-Aug-11 10:50:57

Hello,

The problem has been identified we think, and you shouldn't see any more rogue adverts. Please do let us know if you spot anything that seems out of place though. Much thanks. smile

annieversaire Mon 08-Aug-11 10:51:56

Many thanks Damian, that's brill smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now