Talk

Advanced search

How do I delete an old profile & photo?

(4 Posts)
BranstonPickled Sat 06-Aug-11 18:50:12

I've fairly recently joined Mumsnet and having set up my profile I then changed my username and uploaded another photo. This can be seen on my current profile. I've been trying to delete the original profile and photo but can't work out how to do it, nor can I contact the Mumsnet helpline as the email won't work.
I have tried using the profile mover page to put both profiles together and then delete the old one, but even that doesn't work - it just says 'you have no profile'.
My old profile can still be seen on the few posts I made, yet I can't seem to access it to delete it.
Please can anyone help?

Tech (MNHQ) Sat 06-Aug-11 18:57:08

Hi BP, I can delete the old one. I'll have a look at why you can't delete it yourself - I think the system might get confused if you create the new one before you delete the old one iyswim. I suspect that once you've done that, the only way to delete the old one would be to namechange back to the nickname that has the profile you don't want, and delete it there. But in this case I'll do it.....

Tech (MNHQ) Sat 06-Aug-11 19:01:59

These should be gone now. Sorry for the trouble.

BranstonPickled Sat 06-Aug-11 19:21:45

Hi Tech, thank you. It was my fault - I didn't realise that changing my username would create a new profile. Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now