Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Face book

(11 Posts)
startail Sat 06-Aug-11 00:25:16

Please can we have a separate topic for people who must discuss FB.
I don't have it, I don't want it and my DCs don't have it either.
We keep our boring iPod and mobile phone chat in geek, why can't FB obsessives bugger off some place else too!

MadameLupino Sat 06-Aug-11 00:30:32

I do see (hate it too) but where do you draw the line? Any thread that mentions FB? Most of them tend to be in AIBU, either about racist updates or taking offence at one of their 'friends'. It's not so much about how FB works, which I agree would go in a geek topic.
Tricky. Unless there are loads of other FB threads in a topic I have hidden? Didn't think of that.

RustyBear Sat 06-Aug-11 00:49:21

It already does have its own topic...

CaptainNancy Sat 06-Aug-11 00:51:44

erm- there is a FB topic already!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 06-Aug-11 12:35:46

Have you found it, startail? And you do know you can hide that topic if you'd like to?

startail Mon 08-Aug-11 01:07:22

Thanksgrin I shall send it to outer darkness. I really should do the same with relationships which is where I find grown ups getting upset by FB as if they were 12.

CaptainNancy Mon 08-Aug-11 14:56:15

Perhaps we could have a heading at the top of AIBU to say all FB threads have to stay within fb topic? [ever hopeful]

usualsuspect Mon 08-Aug-11 15:00:37

But nearly every thread on AIBU doesn't belong in there just lately

I read one this morning that even started ,I know this is not an aibu but it gets the most traffic

CaptainNancy Mon 08-Aug-11 15:40:21

I know usualsuspect... I think they should get rid of the whole topic in all honesty wink

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Aug-11 15:52:41

usualsuspect

But nearly every thread on AIBU doesn't belong in there just lately

I read one this morning that even started ,I know this is not an aibu but it gets the most traffic

Hello. Do please (PLEASE!) report any threads that have been started in AIBU but really belong somewhere else. We'd be more than happy to move them.

Not quite sure where all the traffic rumours are coming from...

Gissabreak Mon 08-Aug-11 18:39:03

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now