Talk

Advanced search

Does no-one care that the look and feel has changed or has this been done already?

(23 Posts)
LeninGrad Mon 01-Aug-11 13:43:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GwendolineMaryLacey Mon 01-Aug-11 13:43:49

What was? confused

GypsyMoth Mon 01-Aug-11 13:44:19

On phone, nothings changed here

LeninGrad Mon 01-Aug-11 13:45:19

HowNowKernow Mon 01-Aug-11 13:45:55

There is a thread in chat at the moment about the style of the thread list changing www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1271073-oooo-its-all-different if thats what you mean?

I like it grin

DamianTech (MNHQ) Mon 01-Aug-11 14:35:20

Hi, yes we updated the thread list this morning for Mumsnet New users (we wouldn't dare change classic grin). The main ethos was to give more room for the thread title, and for the new show OP colium feature.

Hope you like it, or at the least don't hate it any more than the previous version. smile

Empusa Mon 01-Aug-11 14:36:08

I like it, lovely and clean!

BelleDameSansMerci Mon 01-Aug-11 14:38:19

While we've got you, Damian, the column for the originating OP doesn't seem to work on my iPad. It just shows the most recent poster and I have selected in 'customise'. Is that just tough and I can only enjoy new feature on a real pc and not this toy ?

TheOriginalFAB Mon 01-Aug-11 14:39:18

The BY is out of proportion to the other titles, I can't see the OP and I am using new.

DamianTech (MNHQ) Mon 01-Aug-11 14:49:10

BelleDameSansMerci

While we've got you, Damian, the column for the originating OP doesn't seem to work on my iPad. It just shows the most recent poster and I have selected in 'customise'. Is that just tough and I can only enjoy new feature on a real pc and not this toy ?

Are you on the mobile site? This will only work on the main site (which should work just perfectly on the iPad anyway).

TheOriginalFAB

The BY is out of proportion to the other titles, I can't see the OP and I am using new.

The shopw OP column is only for topic pages currently, not for Active conversations. Would you guys like to see it included on Active too?

BelleDameSansMerci Mon 01-Aug-11 14:53:19

Ahhh, I would like it on Active too please...

I'm using the main site (which is lovely on the iPad) although this is sent from my work pc. I'm really slaving away this afternoon blush.

TheOriginalFAB Mon 01-Aug-11 14:59:05

<goes to look on topics> blush

Yes, to on Active.

TheOriginalFAB Mon 01-Aug-11 14:59:59

And instead of opened can it say started by?

superjobee Mon 01-Aug-11 15:06:10

i never go into topics i just go into most active heres me thinking you are all a bit barmy today blush

EduStudent Mon 01-Aug-11 15:11:38

Agree Started by rather than Opened blush

It's just confusing.

MmeLindor. Mon 01-Aug-11 15:15:15

I like it. Very clean and pared down looking.

<applause>

VelveteenRabbit Mon 01-Aug-11 22:41:46

duckdodgers Tue 02-Aug-11 09:47:49

I dont really like the look, oh well better get used to it.

aristocat Tue 02-Aug-11 15:05:23

i like it too smile

RustyBear Wed 03-Aug-11 07:43:19

Seeing that I'm obviously going to be spending more time on the Topics list (at least until you get the extra column into Active Convos) can I make a couple of suggestions for changes there?

Could you make the topic list customisable, so that if you change to alphabetical it stays that way for you - at the moment you have to change it every time you revisit.

Secondly, would it be possible to make the Mumsnet local sites list expandable, ie it just says Mumsnet Local (expand) so it doesn't take up so much space?

Thirdly: how come Windsor has two sections 'Windsor' and 'Slough and Windsor' and we poor Wokingham folk have to slum it with either Reading or Bracknell? There are quite a few of us on here you know, and all the other ex-Berkshire authorities have their own section. envy (anyway it should be 'Slough' and 'Windsor and Maidenhead')

Please? I did send you all those screen shots of the mobile app, and it's my birthday today.... [needy emoticon] grin

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Aug-11 10:47:16

RustyBear

Seeing that I'm obviously going to be spending more time on the Topics list (at least until you get the extra column into Active Convos) can I make a couple of suggestions for changes there?

Could you make the topic list customisable, so that if you change to alphabetical it stays that way for you - at the moment you have to change it every time you revisit.

Secondly, would it be possible to make the Mumsnet local sites list expandable, ie it just says Mumsnet Local (expand) so it doesn't take up so much space?

Thirdly: how come Windsor has two sections 'Windsor' and 'Slough and Windsor' and we poor Wokingham folk have to slum it with either Reading or Bracknell? There are quite a few of us on here you know, and all the other ex-Berkshire authorities have their own section. envy (anyway it should be 'Slough' and 'Windsor and Maidenhead')

Please? I did send you all those screen shots of the mobile app, and it's my birthday today.... [needy emoticon] grin

Happy Birthday RustyBear!

And, er, OK: we'll look at the customisable Topics list thing and the Mumsnet Local site list thing.

Thanks for telling us about the Windsor/Slough and Windsor thing. We'll have to scratch our heads about that and come up with a good solution. Do you want a stand-alone Wokingham site, then?

BitOfFun Wed 03-Aug-11 16:43:24

Is it going to be possible to include the feature on Active Convos? That's mainly how I use MN.

LeninGrad Wed 03-Aug-11 23:03:49

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now