Talk

Advanced search

I Don't Have Young Children!

(4 Posts)
Megfox Sat 23-Jul-11 23:44:45

I'm fifty-four. I have two sons, aged thirty-six (married, no children) and eighteen. I'm of the, 'Baby Boomer,' generation - but I have no property, no savings - nothing to my name!
I'm disabled by a degenerative spinal disorder and live with constant, disabling pain.

I have no educational qualifications, but that doesn't mean that I'm not intelligent.

I'm stifling here, drowning in boredom, born of enforced inactivity.

CaptainNancy Thu 28-Jul-11 13:06:10

Check out MN classics, as long as laughing doesn't give you too much pain that is. (the thread about mishaps at work is very very funny for example, Random Acts of Kindness not so funny, but very moving) My favourite is What Not to do....

What are your interests? perhaps start a thread asking for interesting links? (I think one was done by amazingbouncingferret recently after she was bedridden by an op- might be worth a link)
There are lots of topics on here- perhaps you could contribute on 'teenagers' as your children are older?

Do you like looking at houses? property/diy always good for mooching at other people's homes...

Politics? Gardening? Philospohy/religion/spirituality?
Fiction or non-fiction? Feminism? Music? Movie reviews?
Just chat maybe?

Chronic pain is just awful- I hope you can find some distraction. smile

kayah Thu 28-Jul-11 13:11:39

Have you considered doing some courses online?

SophieRMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 28-Jul-11 16:29:29

Firstly welcome to Mumsnet. You might want to have a look at the 'Getting started' guidelines so that you can make sure your post gets the most responses.http://www.mumsnet.com/info/talkinstructions

Mumsnet Talk is divided into sections and these sections are divided into Topics (click Show all - on the right of the blue bar with 'Talk topics' on it - to see all the Topics in each section; click All Topics A-Z to see an alphabetical list of all the Topics we have).
Inside each Topic (single-click on the Topic name to see inside), you will find lots of separate discussions (or threads). Single-click on the thread title to read the whole discussion.
There is also a list of the most Active Conversations on Mumsnet at the moment. Looking at this is a good way to get a flavour of the range of issues Mumsnetters like to talk about, and lots of Mumsnetters access our Talk boards mainly from here.

Thanks so much for helpful suggestions the responses and links from other posters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now