Talk

Advanced search

Ahem, Tech? Any idea when we'll be able to get back into our personalised bits of MN?

(18 Posts)
LadyDamerel Wed 13-Jul-11 19:37:19

Only there's a little red dot on my inbox that is taunting me and I only have so much patience grin.

Unless you're weaving the magic that will group PMs into conversations. Then you can take your time.

allhailtheaubergine Wed 13-Jul-11 19:38:39

Pft. Stealth boast that you get PMs grin

AtYourCervix Wed 13-Jul-11 19:46:27

yes, i haven't namechanged yet today.

LadyDamerel Wed 13-Jul-11 19:48:48

grin allhail, I very rarely get them so I really really want to know who it's from.

::leaves plate of chocolate biscuits outside Tech's shed::

HopeEternal Wed 13-Jul-11 19:55:15

LadyD, have you logged into your associated email account? When I get a PM, I get an email notification and that tells me who it's from. Not what it says though...

LadyDamerel Wed 13-Jul-11 19:57:10

Ah, good thought, Hope.

This doesn't get you off the hook though, Tech.

I still need to know what it says.

Pin0t Wed 13-Jul-11 20:52:35

It's from Tech, saying hang-about.

LadyDamerel Wed 13-Jul-11 20:53:21

grin

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Jul-11 21:13:50

Hi all,

<pinches biscuits>

We have alerted Tech to this ishoo and they will take a look.

Best
MNHQ

Valpollicella Wed 13-Jul-11 21:26:56

Might be worth posting a sticky at the top of active Rebecca to that effect, to avoid everyone posting all over the place about it

<teaches MNHQ to suck eggs>

AmberLeaf Wed 13-Jul-11 21:29:18

I hope that all the threads ive posted on during the 'threadsImon' outage will show up on it once its back on?!

crazynanna Wed 13-Jul-11 21:30:28

Outrage indeed,Amber! [anger]

crazynanna Wed 13-Jul-11 21:30:57

stupid bloody emoticon

Valpollicella Wed 13-Jul-11 21:32:51

Rebecca, not being funny or owt, but if

We are currently running maintenance on this area of the site and so it has been temporarily disabled. Please bear with us until the work is complete.

message is being displayed - surely MNHQ would know about it and not have to alert Tech/s about it hmm

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Jul-11 22:45:26

Right <spots Tech team in pub>...

Yes, it is maintenance - while we sort out a couple of bugs.

Threads I'm On and PMs are indeed temporarily disabled - for the rest of the night at the least.

Sorry for the inconvenience <sounds like British Rail>

Valpollicella Wed 13-Jul-11 23:27:26

HelenMN...might I suggest in that case that the Techs don't bugger orf having set up maintenance that you don't know about...? grin

Open the lines of comminication - get then out of the shed and into the hallowed halls of MNHQ

Otherwise it does just look like you might all be glossing over some beaucoup bad shit and passing it off, 4 hours later as maintenance...

Just a thought wink

ChaosTrulyReigns Wed 13-Jul-11 23:32:01

SIOB.

ameliagrey Thu 14-Jul-11 14:14:10

I still can't access my PMs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now