Talk

Advanced search

WHY AM I LOGGED IN AS SOMEONE ELSE!!!

(26 Posts)
NestaFiesta Wed 13-Jul-11 11:12:48

This is not me, Im lisad123, but logged in as NESTA!! HELP MN, I think your site is going nuts!

Malvapoeding Wed 13-Jul-11 11:13:44

You are one of many - maybe you are all on a MN 'list'??

NestaFiesta Wed 13-Jul-11 11:15:05

yes but that means someone is likely to be accessing mine!! ALl my inbox, my profile OMG angry

IDrinkFromTheirSkulls Wed 13-Jul-11 11:15:44

If you log out and log back in it should fix itself. It happened to me just now, and yes I am worried about someone being me!

silverfrog Wed 13-Jul-11 11:16:40

there have been a few threads on htis (and comments on threads where posts appear under random names and the poster is confused)

<not having a go, just noting it has happened a few times>

this is seriously concerning. there has (afaik) been no comment form MNHQ, but this sort of thing shoudln't be happening (especially as if you go to threads i'm on it shows up all threads, whatever the username/namechange - there goes confidential namechanges for embarrassing problems...)

silverfrog Wed 13-Jul-11 11:17:08

hadn't thoguht about inbox issues.

seriously, this is not on, MNHQ.

NestaFiesta Wed 13-Jul-11 11:18:54

yes the threads im on, are not my threads!!

Valpollicella Wed 13-Jul-11 11:21:52

Add message | Report | Message poster RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Jul-11 10:50:30
Hi there,

We are aware of the issue and Tech are looking at it is we speak.

We will posts when we know more...

Not great though! Needs to be sorted asap, especially if inboxes can be accessed...

lisad123 Wed 13-Jul-11 11:22:12

phew it worked smile I promise I didnt post any weird posts Nesta

silverfrog Wed 13-Jul-11 11:27:04

tbh, if this problem is as widespread as all the panicked posts suggest, then they should suspend posting/access while theysort it out.

lots of private info can be accessed by the wrong people right now (seemingly) - not saying anyone would do so, but eg I know I have passed my mobile on via pm, and don't want that info accessible by all and sundry...

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Jul-11 11:41:28

Hello. Huge apologies about this - should all be fixed now.

moosemama Wed 13-Jul-11 20:47:10

This has just happened to me as well.

I was merrily typing a post under my own name, then pressed post and it suddenly switched to someone else's name and posted my message under their name instead of mine.

I have reported the post - its in Big Slim/Weightloss - under Starting today ..... 2st to lose.

I do seem to be back to myself now I've logged out and in again though.

crazynanna Wed 13-Jul-11 20:49:27

Am I Crazynanna?

OhYouBadBadCrookshanks Wed 13-Jul-11 20:51:33

am I me?

Valpollicella Wed 13-Jul-11 21:49:35

Are you the weather Kitty OYBBCS?

alienbump Wed 13-Jul-11 23:50:45

No its not bloody fixed. I am disasterpiece but posting as alienbump.

Who the fuck is me? Someone could have access to my profile. angry

Tech (MNHQ) Thu 14-Jul-11 00:19:39

Hi, if anyone else sees this happen from this point forward, please post on here and let us know. Thanks.

ChaosTrulyReigns Thu 14-Jul-11 00:21:46

Long night Tech?

<<tea and sympathy>>

threefeethighandrising Thu 14-Jul-11 00:40:00

They said earlier that others won't have access to your profile (your name changes etc) as that's held somewhere else.

yearningforthesun Thu 14-Jul-11 00:40:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BitOfFun Thu 14-Jul-11 00:42:27

Tech- what's going on? And how do I get to change into somebody else because it would be fun?

MrsRhettButler Thu 14-Jul-11 00:50:19

Oh its so disappointing to be me...
I wanted to be someone fun <pouts>

Bloody hell there's some serious stuff going on here at the moment! I keep losing posts because I press post and MN has mysteriously dropped off line again for some obscure reason. Is it about to crash and burn in spectacular style? Are the fridges overheating?

Good-oh, still me then smile

madhattershouse Thu 14-Jul-11 00:58:29

Time to pack the OFRS..we are being infiltrated by the zombies, we all saw this coming!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now