Talk

Advanced search

Double postings and threads

(9 Posts)
HopeEternal Thu 07-Jul-11 16:40:34

I grovel at the feet of the lovely MNHQ and I worship the hunky techs.

I realise that a lot of the double postings occur when posters are using their phones and assume MNHQ is on the case to try and solve this.

Is this the same reason that some threads are posted twice? I find it a bit annoying (but assume it's not the poster's fault) and a bit confusing. Different people reply on the duplicated threads.

Do you have the facility (or can you create it if needs be) to merge duplicated threads into one thread? If so, how would we draw your attention to these? Report the OP in both?

I humbly await your reply.

allthefires Sun 10-Jul-11 00:06:24

After doing excessive duplicates myself this week I would like to know this too!!!!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 10-Jul-11 15:20:37

Hello HopeEternal and allthefires. Erm, no we don't have the facility to merge duplicated threads at the moment, so your best bet is to report any duplicated threads to us (as you did allthefires) and we will delete - hopefully before there are too many posts on them.

In previous cases, where we've heard about the duplicated threads a little too late, we have posted on the threads we're about to delete and asked everyone to C&P their posts onto the thread that's going to stay.

But we will let the Tech team know that duplicating is an increasing problem for you all - and see if there's anything whizzy they can think of that might help.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 11-Jul-11 09:57:33

Hi all,
Tech are currently working on a fix for this, we will post again when they have managed to have a proper look.

Best
MNHQ

HopeEternal Mon 11-Jul-11 18:07:04

Thank you, Helen and Rebecca. smile

allthefires Sun 07-Aug-11 12:47:33

Hello- it's happened again to another poster. Any chance if looking at merging threads?

HopeEternal Sun 07-Aug-11 13:26:44

allthefires, do you mean over in Legal Matters where the thread is repeated for about a page and three quarters worth?

Tech / HQ, can you please delete / merge in there?

allthefires Sun 07-Aug-11 15:00:57

Yes. I did the same with a Legoland one as phone was saying connection error!

allthefires Sun 07-Aug-11 15:05:03

Also annoying the thread that had replies on other than " you've posted this loads" seem to have been deleted. Other posts still remain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now