Talk

Advanced search

Logging me out and losing my posts!

(6 Posts)
nenevomito Tue 05-Jul-11 08:17:40

Dearest MNHQ,

There's been a few times recently where I've logged in and have written a mammoth post. I finish writing, click on 'Create Conversation' and it tells me that I'm not logged in and takes me to the log in screen.

I duly log in again to find that instead of taking me back to my post so I can create it, that my post is lost.

Argh, Argh and a little bit more Argh!

While I found the old system (write post and enter log in details if not already logged in) easier, I don't mind the new system. It just drives me mad when I'm kicked out and lose my post.

I know its not my browser as it happens in Firefox and IE. It never happened before the log in changes took place.

Please can you stop logging me out, OR if the auto-logout after x amount of no activity is going to stay, can you take me back to my post after I've entered my details.

Thanks!

DamianTech (MNHQ) Tue 05-Jul-11 09:39:46

Dearest babyheave,

This is a problem we have noted (read: I've lost a post as well grin), and we'll do what we can to come up with a solution quickly. Thanks for flagging it up.

~D

nenevomito Tue 05-Jul-11 09:52:50

Thanks smile

wigglesrock Wed 06-Jul-11 14:55:59

Happening to me all the time, computer is in danger of being fecked out the window if it happens again. How can I politely point out how wrong people are if I keep losing my posts!!

nenevomito Wed 06-Jul-11 15:45:16

Maybe we need to stop writing such long and interesting posts wigglesrock? Or I need to tie up the children so they stop distracting me from my MN time

wigglesrock Wed 06-Jul-11 15:49:33

babyheave I know husband keeps threatening joking he will get a "sponsored by Mumsnet" babygro printed up for the baby. How I managed to drag bring up the elder two without MN is beyond me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now