Talk

Advanced search

could we have a new topic just for iphones and blackberries

(6 Posts)
NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Wed 29-Jun-11 11:24:14

i'm sure we could all help each other with little technical hitches and advice on how to do stuff etc etc.

Admittedly, I propably need this topic the most but i can't be the only one surely

NetworkGuy Sun 17-Jul-11 13:26:07

You'd probably also need one for Android phones too, and iPad tablets, and then Android tablets, and then...

If it's a general query, you'll probably find people able and willing to answer in _chat (not ideal, as threads disappear, so some great app named there in a thread will disappear just a few weeks later), Products or Geeky Stuff

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 17-Jul-11 23:23:51

Thanks for the suggestion, anyone else agree?

NetworkGuy Mon 18-Jul-11 17:11:39

How many will you add ? Just that there might be some common ground for 'mobile apps' but the mobile / tablet markets are separate and some apps will be aimed at only one or other family (ignoring those aimed only at a single OS, such as Android or iOS for iPhone/ iPod/ iPad or for RIM (Blackberry family))

HarrietJones Mon 18-Jul-11 17:43:14

People in geeky stuff are very helpful, no more dividing topics as then everyone post in chat/AIBU cos they can't decide which to post in

NetworkGuy Tue 19-Jul-11 07:02:52

Further to HJ's post above, it is perhaps worth stressing that a sensible title goes a long way to helping (a) get responses and (b) make the thread findable by the next person with a similar interest.

"What great apps have you found ?" would be so much better as

"What great apps have you found for the iPhone 3GS ?" or

"What great apps have you found for the iPad 2 ?" or

"What great apps have you found for your Android 3.0 tablet ?"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now