Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a refresh button when using mobile mumsnet?

(22 Posts)
FizzBang Fri 24-Jun-11 21:58:41

I use the mobile version and when you're on a thread there is no 'refresh' button so to update the thread you have to come out of it, it's a tad annoying when there is a fast moving thread that needs refreshing ever couple of minutes sooooo please please please can we have a refresh button oh lovely tech people.

BertieBotts Fri 24-Jun-11 21:59:13

Oooh that would be good smile

JosieMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 25-Jun-11 11:52:06

Hi FizzBang,
Thanks for the suggestion, anyone else (thanks Bertie!) think this would be useful?

Thistledew Sat 25-Jun-11 11:55:13

I am using the new iPhone app and also getting frustrated by the lack of a refresh button. Would be great, thanks.

DamianTech (MNHQ) Mon 27-Jun-11 09:57:51

Hi,

This was suggested before, and from memory it was thought to be a good idea, if we can find a spot to put it in. The mobile site is a bit cramped, and I'm a bit against adding yet more buttons to the bottom of the page.

But if you guys think it would be useful to add Refresh/Hide/Flip/Watch/Eject/Panic buttons to the end of each page, we can look into it. Let us know your thoughts. grin

~D

iMemoo Thu 30-Jun-11 14:37:39

I'm sure you can squeeze a refresh button in you just make the others slightly smaller. I have a very sad life and it would make me immeasurably happy

Cantstopshouting Fri 01-Jul-11 20:58:27

A refresh button would be great. Going in and out of threads to refresh them is a pita.

Honeydragon Fri 01-Jul-11 21:00:15

oooooh and when will the app show the last post on "Threads I'm on?" at the moment I'm using mmumsnet more than the shiny new app sad

Happydogsaddog Fri 01-Jul-11 21:02:01

The iphone app has a habit of freezing then loading something. No amount of exitting or time will unfreeze it, have to turn phone off then back on again. Refresh button might help. Poss more emoticons for iphone too or is that being greedy?

Paschaelina Fri 01-Jul-11 21:05:00

I want a refresh button as well please. If I just reload the page from the top bar it never goes back to the bookmarked post and I really hate scrolling through hundreds of posts.

PippiLongBottom Fri 01-Jul-11 21:05:12

What happydog said.

Paschaelina Fri 01-Jul-11 21:07:58

Could you perhaps move Report to the blue line with the poster's name on, as it is on the normal site? You could squeeze Refresh in its place next to Reply and Bookmark easily then.

PippiLongBottom Fri 01-Jul-11 21:31:47

Can we have the op and our own name highlighted on the app as per the usual MN?

HauntedLittleLunatic Fri 01-Jul-11 21:35:10

I have a refresh button on my browser, so not fussed here (on HTC android but no clue what browser)

Hebrewlass Fri 01-Jul-11 21:37:28

Yes I def agree, refresh button needed for talk ! Was only thinking the same thing this morning .

CointreauVersial Fri 01-Jul-11 21:39:08

I use m.mumsnet on my android phone, and, like Haunted, I just use the refresh button on the browser at the top.

AdamTech (MNHQ) Mon 04-Jul-11 13:05:32

There's a bit of confusion here, I think. Is the refresh button request for the mobile iPhone app, or the m.mumsnet.com mobile version of the site?

Paschaelina Mon 04-Jul-11 16:26:25

Yes. smile

PippiLongBottom Mon 04-Jul-11 16:37:14

App.

WhatWouldLeoDo Thu 07-Jul-11 08:43:58

Oh, refresh button on the iphone app would improve it greatly.

namealreadyinuse Thu 07-Jul-11 08:51:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhatWouldLeoDo Thu 07-Jul-11 12:13:30

Actually, never mind a refresh button, if you could just pull down the page and release to refresh on the iPhone app that would be perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now