Talk

Advanced search

Local: help with signing up

(11 Posts)
SuperGirl91 Fri 24-Jun-11 08:01:02

hey im trying to find my local site and it says to enter my post code but when i do it says it should be a full code (which i was sure it was?)
I live in Aberdeen Scotland and i have the usual 7 didgits code
x

Tee2072 Fri 24-Jun-11 08:02:42

SuperGirl I'm having the same problem with the NI local boards. I've been taking to CatherinMN about it via email and they are 'on the case'!

Good to know it's not just NI! grin

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Jun-11 17:45:18

Hi Supergirl,
Tee is right, we seem to be having some glitches with a few postcodes but we are working on it.
We are going to move this thread to Site Stuff so that we can keep you posted on what is going on.
Apologies for the delay.
Best wishes
MNHQ

Tee2072 Fri 24-Jun-11 18:18:04

Cheers Rebecca!

MmeLindor. Fri 24-Jun-11 22:02:08

Will add my problems to this thread, so they are all in the same place.

Rebecca
Could you alter the title of this thread to include something about MN Local. I was searching for it as Tee told me there is one, but didn't realise this was the one until you linked to it on the other thread.

I am having a few problems.

1. when I tried to get onto MN local for Switzerland, I had to put in my postcode. But it won't take a forrin postcode. I entered a Dundee postcode, but now I am registered first in Dundee, and then in Switzerland. And I cannot delete Dundee.

2. This means (I think) than anyone new to MN in Switzerland will not be able to join MN Local.

3. When I did get on to MN CH, I added an event, but again it wouldn't take a postcode. I put a UK one in to be able to add the event.

The new Local site looks fab, would be great to use it more.

Tee2072 Fri 24-Jun-11 22:05:30

Sorry, MmeL, should have linked from here to your post!

I blame the wine. ::nods::

MmeLindor. Fri 24-Jun-11 22:05:59

Having a wine too, but a pink one.

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 27-Jun-11 09:26:45

Supergirl - can you PM me your postcode and we'll try and work out why the system isn't accepting it.

MmeL - we're working on getting the system to accept international postcodes in certain countries (including Switzerland). I'll give you an idea of when this should be up and running as soon as I hear from Tech.

SuperGirl91 Thu 30-Jun-11 22:13:19

hey everyone thanks and yes ill pm you now smile

SuperGirl91 Thu 30-Jun-11 22:15:11

cathrine for some reason it wot let me see your page or pm you? sad

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-Jul-11 09:39:07

Hi SuperGirl91. CatherineHMumsnet is not in the office today but if you drop us a mail about your Local ishoos to contactus at mumsnet dot com, we'll make sure she sees it when she's back in on Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now