Advanced search

payments for grandson aged 16 living with me

(5 Posts)
kibworthlad Sun 12-Jun-11 22:24:59

My grandson has left home to live with me but is still in full time education and is costing me a fortune to feed and clothe him. I have now got his child benefit but can I get any other payments? I have a private pension and do not work I am 63

monoid Mon 13-Jun-11 00:57:49

Depending on your financial circumstances, you might be able to claim tax credits.
You need to phone up to request a claim form. The number is 0800 300 3900 open 8am - 8pm Mon - Fri and 8am - 4pm Sat.
Good luck with it. I hope you get some help :-)

kibworthlad Mon 13-Jun-11 15:38:29

thank you Monoid for your reply I will do so and see what happens. By the way I am not yet conversant with this gransnet posting so forgive me if I get it wrong :-)

ajandjjmum Mon 13-Jun-11 15:39:57

Maybe Citizen's Advice might be able to point you in the right direction?

JosieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 14-Jun-11 12:20:40

Hi kibworthlad,
If you're looking for Gransnet, you might want to go to Just sign up and get posting, just like here on Mumsnet, and we're sure someone will be able to help you.
Really hope you find the help you're looking for.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: