Talk

Advanced search

I'm probably being really stupid, but does anyone know how do I get email notifications...

(8 Posts)
sassylassie Sat 11-Jun-11 15:02:18

... if someone has replied to a thread I've started or posted on? I'm a fairly new to Mumsnet and this is such a common feature of most forums (rather than having to keep checking back and hunting down the thread just in case), but I couldn't find the setting here... Hope someone can help.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 11-Jun-11 16:51:07

I don't think there is such a setting here, but you can "bookmark" a thread at the last post you read, and then click "watch". Then, instead of hunting for threads, you just click on "threads I'm watching" and it takes you to that post. If you've actually contributed, the thread will also be on "threads I'm on" for however long you've set it. Have a look at "customise" to see your options.

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 11-Jun-11 16:57:31

Thanks OldLady! smile

sassylassie, this may also be useful and this.

sassylassie Sat 11-Jun-11 18:11:58

Thanks OldLady and Geraldine, that's helpful - at least "watching" threads solves half of the problem. smile

Geraldine, I'm guessing that as OldLady says there is no email notification option at the moment then? I will just need to keep checking back on the site for threads I'm watching... Would be great if Mumsnet's techie folk introduced this feature at some point in the future.

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 11-Jun-11 19:05:47

Nope, sorry, no email notification. Will pass on your request to tech colleagues.

sassylassie Sat 11-Jun-11 19:17:07

Thanks Geraldine - worth a try anyway!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 12-Jun-11 09:04:35

Hello. Just to add to Geraldine's posts, emails notifications is something we already have on our Very Long List of Good New Things To Add.

'Fraid we can't say for sure when we'll be able to introduce them - but they're definitely on the List!

sassylassie Wed 15-Jun-11 20:59:28

Thanks Helen, that's encouraging! As it is I don't check Mumsnet every day (bit forgetful and time poor...) but email notifications would definitely suck me in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now