Talk

Advanced search

I love the bookmark feature BUT

(7 Posts)
GreenTeapot Sat 11-Jun-11 10:06:15

it would be even better if it was overridden when you post on a thread.

Say I bookmark a post on a long thread then later come back and decide to add a post myself. The thread still automatically scrolls down to the bookmark, past my post. But surely in these circumstances it would be better to either autoscroll to the post I've added, or just override the bookmark. Does that make sense?

ShowOfHands Sat 11-Jun-11 10:08:04

Can you not move/delete the bookmark?

I wouldn't know, we don't have bookmarks on MN classic. grin

GreenTeapot Sat 11-Jun-11 10:12:53

I know, it took me years but I caved eventually. Can't be doing with pages mind, it's still upside down and all on one mammoth screen!

You can easily bookmark your own post or any other one but I tend to forget, so it's annoying to be automatically taken way back down the thread.

ShowOfHands Sat 11-Jun-11 10:14:43

I will not give in and move to New. Bookmarks are the only thing I'd like that I don't have. [old]

Upside down? I used to do that in t'olden days but it's all the right way up now. I can't cope with anything back to front anymore.

GreenTeapot Sat 11-Jun-11 10:21:31

I do occasionally think to myself that it might be easier to start from the top but that would mean change [shudder]

PinotGrigiosKittens Sat 11-Jun-11 10:22:46

Showy the new version is very similiar to Classic, if you tweak it. You get to colour the OPs in and your own posts, and the bookmark is so good. Agree an override would be handy but I'm used to marking my own now as a matter of course smile

ShowOfHands Sat 11-Jun-11 10:28:26

Nope. Just tried it again. I think once you're used to it, it's not so bad but when you've just flipped it's bloody awful.

I don't like it at all. I like clearly delineated, underlined convos in active/I'm on. New looks so unfinished.

OPs/own posts/HQ posts are coloured in in classic too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now