Talk

Advanced search

is MN making anyone else's browser go crashy when those bloody Mark Warner and Boden ads load?

(9 Posts)
AitchTwoOh Thu 09-Jun-11 09:48:55

cos it is mine, and has been for the past couple of days. makes firefox stop responding and the page hangs half-loaded for a while.

mistlethrush Thu 09-Jun-11 09:56:19

Is that why text has been typing at about 8 characters a minute in the text box when I type?

OK at work (Explorer) but awful at home (Firefox)

GypsyMoth Thu 09-Jun-11 10:07:07

Yep me too

It's rubbish....... The ads need to go

AitchTwoOh Thu 09-Jun-11 10:27:54

oh great! i thought it was maybe my firefox had corrupted and was going to reinstall. so it's an MN problem... <reports self to flag it>

mistlethrush Thu 09-Jun-11 10:51:26

I was getting worried too Aitch.

The text box was just not keeping up at all for me - going E x c r u c i a t i n g l y slowly. (You get the gist I'm sure)

AdamTech (MNHQ) Thu 09-Jun-11 12:57:37

Am I right in thinking that your browser is completely crashing, or is it just getting slowed down? Does the problem go away when you go to pages without those ads? Does it ever happen on pages without those ads?

mistlethrush Thu 09-Jun-11 13:02:56

Thanks for responding Adam.

For me, the last two nights Firefox hasn't crashed (or at least it wasn't when I was actually 'on' MN, although MN might have been open when it crashed ifyswim), just run extremely slowly - one letter popping up then a wait for the next and having to wait ages for the text box to catch up with where I know I'd made a mistake.

I don't know what adds were on as I have now got used to completely ignoring them (sorry blush)

AitchTwoOh Thu 09-Jun-11 13:16:14

not crashing, just not responding, and those were the ads that were half-loaded on an otherwise completely black screen.

AitchTwoOh Thu 09-Jun-11 13:16:48

not responding for a while, i should say. then, poof, loaded and everything fine until the next time. pita.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: