Talk

Advanced search

my mumsnet local ads are really rubbish. are everyones?

(12 Posts)
AtYourCervix Mon 06-Jun-11 11:13:10

21 Sep 07 - 2 Nov 14 Tatty Bumpkin Award winning yoga based...
26 Apr 11 - 12 Jul 11 Baby Sensory Classes run in blocks of...
7 Dec 15 Pamper Evening Fabulous Pamper Evening organ...

the pamper evening has been on there for at least 3 years and as it is claimed to be taking place in 2015 I will see it for another 4 years.

Do other localities have good stuff advertised?

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 06-Jun-11 14:18:40

Hi - we've been having teething problems with our local events guides. You should see some big changes over the coming weeks as we clear out all the events which should have been placed in the local directory instead and get rid of any old events. Please bear with us!

But while you're here, can you tell us where that Pamper evening ad is exactly? If you can report it, we'll get rid of it right now.

NetworkGuy Mon 06-Jun-11 14:46:23

hmmm, looks like my local area was cleaned out...

MN Local - <place> 0

the other day it said

MN Local - <place> 2

and I was thinking it meant there was also some other area named

MN Local - <place> 1

Silly me. But it seems to be one of the few places where a message count is shown.

NetworkGuy Mon 06-Jun-11 14:51:03

Just as an aside, are some of the local area Tzarinas pseudonyms for MNHQ staff, or second personas for existing MNetters ?

Just that the one listed has not posted in the past 30 months or so, which just made me wonder if she was real or imaginary smile

AtYourCervix Mon 06-Jun-11 22:34:15

It looks like somethng to do with the year is messed up somewhere. eg the first one Tatty Bumpkin (WTF confused) looks like it is running from 2007 until 2014. and the pamper evening one is advertised for 2015.

I don't know what I'm suposed to be doing tomorrow let alone in 4 years. I shall report it.

LynetteScavo Mon 06-Jun-11 22:37:40

I am actually a Tsarina.....who has neglected her duties. blush

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Jun-11 09:31:05

AtYourCervix - thanks for reporting it - that's gone now.

NetworkGuy - a handful of us at MNHQ are Tsarinas, but everyone else is real! We do have quite a lot of Tsarinas who are inactive, which could well be down to how tricky Local was to use before we revamped it. Hopefully people will find it much easier now to engage with.

NetworkGuy Tue 07-Jun-11 12:12:57

I can understand someone finding Local 'tricky' (if you say so, not sure what problems exist in other areas... sounds a bit like 'guns drawn at dawn') but not a single post on MN in 30 months?

I guess 'welshlinz' is someone at MNHQ....

LynetteScavo Tue 07-Jun-11 16:32:02

Ah, I see it has been re-vamped and I have my own town!!!!

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Jun-11 16:54:07

I don't think the Tsarina in Wrexham can be around at the moment - it's not someone at MNHQ. Fancy the job?!

NetworkGuy Tue 07-Jun-11 19:30:28

I don't fancy losing my bits to become a Tsarina from being a Tsar smile

However, it might give someone a laugh to get a message back to them from 'Peter'. Not seen any guidelines as to what the Tsarina actually does, so can answer a definite maybe smile

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 13-Jun-11 13:39:01

You can find out more about what the role of Tsar(ina) involves here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: