Talk

Advanced search

I can't find anywhere to post whine...

(6 Posts)

Hi,

Please could we have a specific section devoted to domestic abuse and rape? I am finding it hard to find anywhere to get good support on mn for this. Not all of the things I want to talk about get the right kind of response in 'relationships' and whilst I am aware that people don't want to identify themselves why they are still at risk, we have "off the beaten track" for this and there are lots of people, apart from me, I am sure who need to connect with other people going through the same things and get each other's support away from the relationships thread. I think it is a big enough topic to warrant it... Please please....

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Jan-11 17:39:11

Thanks for your suggestion, curiositykilledhaskittens. Anyone agree?

BusyMissIzzy Tue 04-Jan-11 19:22:09

It's not something I've been personally affected by, but I think it would be a good place for support and advice, similar in a way to the bereavement topic.

DanceInTheDark Wed 05-Jan-11 21:04:28

Hmm i would say it wasn't a good idea actually. There already is a long running thread but i have never posted in it.

I just think that it will get sooooo many trolls.

tinkgirl Wed 05-Jan-11 21:49:42

why not put a section on and see how it goes?

NetworkGuy Thu 06-Jan-11 15:45:47

So long as it is listed under Body and Soul it could be given a try. Hide it from general searches though.

But maybe Style and Beauty needs to move - some of the other topic areas there are about really sad / tragic events / spells in life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now