Talk

Advanced search

That 'shading' of the OP, I have a question.

(8 Posts)
Ilythia Fri 24-Dec-10 13:16:28

I was under the impression that it had been brought in to cover all namechnages as well to help stop trolling, but I have outed myself on another thread and my 'new' posts aren't shaded, when my OP is...

Can it not cover all namechanging?

TrillianAstra Fri 24-Dec-10 13:17:10

No, it covers only the name who started the message. It has only ever shaded the name who started the message.

Good for if you start a 'help help I have a rash' thread.

TrillianAstra Fri 24-Dec-10 13:17:31

It wsn't about stopping trolling, it was about making it easier to read long threads.

DanceInTheDark Fri 24-Dec-10 13:17:41

NO it's just the OP in whatever name the OP posted.

I would think that people name change for sensitive reasons more than for trolling.

Ilythia Fri 24-Dec-10 13:21:41

Oh I know, I have namechanged for 'I hope to christ no-one realises this is me' threads and am just super careful about not outing myself (UCM?)
It does help with long threads though...bt I thought someone said the trolling thing, thanks for clarifying smile

hocuspontas Fri 24-Dec-10 13:23:40

Would be handy to include seasonal name changes though.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Dec-10 14:06:05

Thanks for the suggestion, we will look at it when folks are back in the office.

Merry Christmas grin

Pantofino Fri 24-Dec-10 14:17:50

What happens if you want to come later on to a thread under a different name to thoroughly agree with yourself though wink

<<disclaimer I DON'T ever do this>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now