Talk

Advanced search

Hi MNHQ

(12 Posts)
BigBoldAndBeautiful Mon 20-Dec-10 23:10:41

Compliments of the Season x

Don't know if I am posting in the right place, apologies if not.

A couple of questions, would it be possible to:

1. Number the messages, so that when I come back to a thread I can quickly find my last place?

2. Put the 'Watch this thread' etc at the bottom of a page as well as the top?

Thanks from Big Bold and Beautiful.

Iwasthefourthwiseman Mon 20-Dec-10 23:28:31

You can bookmark your place on a thread but not sure how. You can't do it in Mn classic.

BigBoldAndBeautiful Tue 21-Dec-10 19:54:19

Well can someone please tell me how to bookmark your place on a thread then? (I am not in classic)

Although I think just numbering them would be useful also in referring to a prior post when answering a post etc

ChippingIn Tue 21-Dec-10 20:00:12

Look up there ^^ you will see 'Customise' click on that, scroll down to to 'Bookmark link' say yes/tick the box or whatever, save changes and jobs a good 'un.

THEN when you are on a thread wave your pointer over the bottom right of the last post you have read and 'bookmark' will appear, click on it and it will change to 'saved' next time when you are in your 'Threads I'm on' and you click on the thread it will go to the post you indicated (beware it takes a few seconds).

As for indicating another post - posters name and time does the job just fine

BigBoldAndBeautiful Tue 21-Dec-10 23:53:52

Thanks ChippingIn have just done itsmile

I am going bookmarking!

mylifewithmangers Tue 21-Dec-10 23:56:47

Rather than a button to watch this thread at the bottom, just use the 'home' key on your keyboard to jusmp to the top of the page (you can use the 'end' key to jump back down should you so wish)

Bookmarking is great - but you have to remember to do it on every thread you might ever go back to.

BigBoldAndBeautiful Wed 22-Dec-10 00:09:38

MLWM,

I have an apple keyboard (and computer!) and am unsure what the home key symbol is on this. Is it one of the function keys (f1-f19)?

mylifewithmangers Wed 22-Dec-10 00:13:27

confused

No idea about the tempting fruit. They must have an equivalent though.

Actually I just googled it, it is fn+left arrow

BigBoldAndBeautiful Wed 22-Dec-10 00:16:29

You are obviously brighter than me (on this matterwink)

Right that is me sorted.

Thanks and Happy Holidays x

BigBoldAndBeautiful Wed 22-Dec-10 00:28:25

But....

Once I have bookmarked where/how do I find them?

ebonyfish Wed 22-Dec-10 00:32:34

ooh, just opted into the bookmarking thing.. works really well.

Just click onto the thread you've bookmarked (in active threads, threads I'm watching, threads I'm on) and after a little stutter it takes you to where you've bookmarked.

BigBoldAndBeautiful Wed 22-Dec-10 13:13:43

It is a though Christmas has come earlygrin

Now I feel I am fully functional.

If only I could sort out my problems in RL as easilysmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: