Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ -- I'm a bit concerned about the advert for Ricochet TV

(6 Posts)
Eleison Mon 06-Dec-10 07:07:04

There's an ad for 'Ricochet TV' on the teenagers board that looks very much indeed as if it is advertising a support service for parents having difficulty with their teenage children.

But in fact it is an ad for a company that makes reality tv progs like 'Cowboy Builders' -- presumably it is trawling for participants in a prog?

I don't think that a misleading ad like that is ok when people looking at it might have come to this part of mn with very difficult worries about their children. It really does look like an ad for an agency that is offering parenting support.

If you click on it, it just takes you to a random person's Facebook page.

Goblinchild Mon 06-Dec-10 07:18:18

Have you reported the post using the click button on the RHS of the bar? It's the fastest way to contact MNHQ

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 06-Dec-10 10:00:53

Thank you for letting us know, we will look into it post haste.

Eleison Mon 06-Dec-10 10:29:13

Thanks Rebecca.

Eleison Mon 20-Dec-10 16:51:43

I've noticed that the ad is different now and it makes it much much clearer that it is for a TV series. I don't know whether that is because of my post at all, but I really appreciate the change, and I really appreciate you looking into it. Thanks.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-Dec-10 17:49:09

It was indeed your post that brought this to our attention. Many thanks to you too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: