Talk

Advanced search

Email when thread updated?

(11 Posts)
LeninGrad Tue 30-Nov-10 14:48:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tee2072 Tue 30-Nov-10 14:54:44

Only agree if I can permanently turn it off for all threads! I hate that.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 30-Nov-10 15:22:38

Thanks for the suggestion, Lenin. Anyone else agree? Or disagree?

Dylthan Tue 30-Nov-10 15:28:21

I can see how it would be helpful however my inbox gets terribly cluttered as it is and I don't think it's that much of a hardship to keep on top of a thread by putting it into your watch list and just keeping on checking back.

Bucharest Tue 30-Nov-10 15:35:08

Please god no.
Have already marked all FB inbox updatey things as spam so they get blocked.

LeninGrad Tue 30-Nov-10 15:52:20

LeninGrad Tue 30-Nov-10 15:54:02

MmeLindt Tue 30-Nov-10 15:55:18

It would be handy for some threads.

Button next to the Hide Thread button would be best, I think.

Jux Tue 30-Nov-10 16:12:33

I get so many e-mails telling me stuff like this. On MN I just go to I'm On and can see straight away. C'est suffis pour moi. (I think I've got that wrong btw - trying french to help dd who is v keen.)

LeninGrad Tue 30-Nov-10 16:20:17

NetworkGuy Tue 30-Nov-10 22:01:20

Yes, I would love notification, as an option, so if some thread had fallen off the "I'm on" list and then someone posted, I would know to revisit.

On another forum I can also get copies of all posts made during the previous 24 hours. They run that at 04:00 and GMail rules mean I can leave them alone, archive them (so they are not shown in Inbox) or even forward them elsewhere.

I forward (notifications of) replies to my posts to my 'work' mailbox, and can go and search the archive of all posts by going into this 'archive' GMail account when I need (the forum only keeps most recent 6 months of posts online, and has been going for years so the archive is useful for comments about different ISPs, routers, etc, and is a log of everything that was posted [although if someone edits a post, the pre-edit copy might not be available at 04:00].

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now