Talk

Advanced search

printing a thread?

(9 Posts)
fudgecat Mon 29-Nov-10 13:19:38

Does anyone know of an easy way to print out a whole thread - 29 pages

thanks

nannynick Mon 29-Nov-10 21:15:46

Try adding /AllOnOnePage to the page URL so that it is displayed all as one big long page.

Example: AIBU for feeling smug when mothers of school - should display as all one page, rather than paged.

Valpollicella Mon 29-Nov-10 21:27:53

I don't think that works Nanny because of all the formatting/ads etc. hwn it's pronted (although shall gove that a go tmorrow

When I first joined there was a rather helpful 'Print this thread' at the top of the page.

Great for when you'd discovered a really long thread and had nothing to read on the train home grin

Now I c+p the text of the thread into a word doc and print that

Valpollicella Mon 29-Nov-10 21:28:59

Lets try that without all the mistakes hmm

I don't think that works Nanny because of all the formatting/ads etc. how it's printed (although shall gove that a go tomorrow)

When I first joined there was a rather helpful 'Print this thread' at the top of the page.

Great for when you'd discovered a really long thread and had nothing to read on the train home grin

Now I c+p the text of the thread into a word doc and print that

nannynick Mon 29-Nov-10 21:40:38

No idea how to do it without the ads.

InkyStamp Mon 29-Nov-10 21:54:28

isnt there a printcopy thing you can do in the url? I vaugley recall something along those lines?

hugglymugly Mon 29-Nov-10 22:44:15

I have the "messages per page" in Customise set to "Unlimited", so all the messages are displayed in one long page.

I'm using Firefox, but presumably this'll work the same way in other browsers:

If I wanted to print an entire thread, I'd highlight from the thread title (e.g. "printing a thread") down to the last message. Then press Ctrl-P for print and select "selection".

I've just tried that and all that printed were the messages and no ads. To use the "selection" option, you have to have highlighted text first.

fudgecat Tue 30-Nov-10 08:43:28

thanks smile changing the "messages per page" trick has done it

AdamTech (MNHQ) Tue 30-Nov-10 11:51:42

If you click "Show all messages" at the top of a thread, you'll get all of the messages on a single page. You can then print the page from within your browser (Ctrl-P or Command-P on a Mac), and it will print just the main content of the page. It's currently a little broken in Internet Explorer, and part of the page is cut off, but we're working on fixing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now